How can WebCrawler.com Search hijack my computer?
WebCrawler.com virus is a browser hijacker, which started spreading around several weeks ago. WebCrawler.com is a browser plug-in that offers you a variety of emoticons to be added to your messages. It seems that this is the main reason why it has been named as ‘adware’. This means that this is a malware infection that can change certain browser settings in the affected browsers, including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. If you tried searching on this site, though, you would find that the results are provided to you by another, well-known browser hijacker Safe Finder.
WebCrawler.com uses a strategic technique to earn money. We have found that, like many other browser hijackers, it comes bundled with other software and put up for download on freeware hosting sites. Although it looks like a normal search website, if you try entering some search query and make a search, you will see that it will show many sponsored websites. That’s why we don’t recommend trusting WebCrawler.com and keeping it on your computer. The users of Ourluckysites.com, InitialSite123.com, Myhomepage123.com, and other ELEX family hijackers need to be cautious about the same kind of content. To avoid installing free software with useless ‘additional components’, be very careful when installing free software. Malware experts at our internal labs highly advise you not to use it because it has been discovered that the results that you are provided with mostly consist of sponsored links.
How to know if i’m infected?
WebCrawler.com is a typical browser hijacker, so it uses tested infiltration techniques to deploy itself on the system. However, if you utilize the provided search engine, it will not generate appropriate results. To your bewilderment, you are redirected to a secondary website. So if you found it on your computer out of nowhere and you constantly experience redirections and regularly receive various notification messages, you should definitely remove it. the agreements to install them are concealed in the installation process. Notably, all of these extensions are represented by SaferBrowser, and it is obvious that they belong to the same developer, just like the hijackers themselves.
As already mentioned before, you can remove WebCrawler.com virus with professional antivirus tools. It creates an impression that Safer Browser releases editions of hijackware in such a haste that it does not bother itself to finish the projects. It is strongly recommended to remove WebCrawler.com and use a reputable search provider. Find out as much information as you can. are getting access to your computer. So to avoid your PC becoming infected with this malware, you should refrain from installing software from unknown, questionable sites. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. You can find them on page 2.
Removal of WebCrawler.com virus:
Our research shows that this browser hijacker is identical to Search.searchlttrn.com, Search.yourpackagesnow.com, and Search.yourmapscenter.com. To makes this situation even more disturbing, WebCrawler.com virus gathers and collects information, regarding victims’ identities and habits. If you are determined to eliminate WebCrawler.com on your own, follow our guide below and leave us a comment if you face an obstacle. Our recommended security tool is available below the removal guide, and if you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment in the comment box. Removing this browser hijacker manually may cost you some nerves. This refers to such programs as Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or Anti-Malware Tool.
Manual WebCrawler.com Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall WebCrawler.com and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove WebCrawler.com from your browsers
Remove WebCrawler.com from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete WebCrawler.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall WebCrawler.com from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action