What is already known about WinkiSearch browser hijacker?
WinkiSearch browser hijacker is a browser hijacker that may look like a search provider but in fact it can bring a lot of problems for computer users. It’s a typical browser hijacker which impersonates Windows OS “My Computer” view and imitates system scan. These modifications are made without your knowledge and permission. As a result, the victim finds himself or herself disabled from favorite search engines. That’s because WinkiSearch browser hijacker virus may end up on the computers along with other freewares The most efficient way to deal with that would be investing in a legitimate antispyware tool. These websites are usually owned by third-party companies, and they can promote questionable content – offer you suspicious freeware or shareware.
We recommend removing WinkiSearch browser hijacker by running a full system scan with a reputable anti-malware program, like Anti-Malware Tool or StopZilla, or manually, by completing the steps provided below this article. Once it sneakily invades the system, the hijacker replaces the default search engine and a new tab URLS. Be aware that installers, such as InstallRex, Vittalia, and Amonetize, are extremely unpopular for promoting software packages. New variants are discovered every day; Needless to say, such unexpected pop-ups interrupt browsing sessions, slow down the browser and cause annoyance. So, this is the main goal of this hijacker.
Why is WinkiSearch browser hijacker PUP known as browser hijacker?
If It is a browser plug-in, which places WinkiSearch browser hijacker.com start page, new tab page and default search engine in user’s browsers. Thus, if you encountered WinkiSearch browser hijacker, you may want to consider scanning the system with a reliable antimalware tool. The problem is they could include links to web pages that may not necessarily be safe for the user to visit. Of course, some users find home.tb.ask.com to be a useful search provider. It is nothing new – the majority of suspicious search providers act the same. Although the hijacker we are discussing is annoying and useless, it is not the most dangerous threat.
You should know that WinkiSearch browser hijacker hijacker provides altered search results that are supplemented with hyperlinks that cause redirects to WinkiSearch browser hijacker’s partners’ websites. WinkiSearch browser hijacker virus travels together with it. Thus, we can call it ad-supported software. This is a legal way of unwanted programs distribution very often used by the companies that earn money from advertisements and redirections. Moreover, third-party websites could promote potentially unwanted programs, adware, and other applications that you should avoid. These settings will unveil the unwanted programs and let you to opt them out. Join the user communities of applications like Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or Hitman.
How can I remove Web Bar virus?
Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or Anti-Malware Tool are top-quality malware removal tools. You can get rid of this browser hijacker by resetting your browser settings, but it may not be enough to terminate other potential threats. I tried to change the homepage, but it keeps coming back again and again. WinkiSearch browser hijacker removal guidelines are provided below the article, so if you do not want to make any mistakes while uninstalling this software from your PC, we recommend you to read these instructions first. Delete all extensions that are made by anything else than Microsoft, Adobe, Oracle, Sun or Google.
Manual WinkiSearch browser hijacker Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall WinkiSearch browser hijacker and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove WinkiSearch browser hijacker from your browsers
Remove WinkiSearch browser hijacker from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete WinkiSearch browser hijacker from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall WinkiSearch browser hijacker from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action