Why is WebSearchSmart not considered to be a trustworthy search engine?
The main issue to be discussed about browser hijackers remains the same: If this program hijacked your browser, you will soon notice lots of redirection to unknown websites. Because these pop-ups indicate that by accepting the installer of WebSearchSmart, you would be installing a new tab extension and changing your default search provider settings, we do not identify it as a browser hijacker. It is very hard to enumerate all of the elements of this domain as your eyes start to wander from one to another. Therefore, you did the right thing by choosing to learn more about the software before starting to use it. Removing WebSearchSmart may not restore total security on your PC, but it is definitely an important move. Redirect on your computer, you should check its system with updated anti-spyware because it is a clear sign that your PC is infected with hijacker.
WebSearchSmart can easily be downloaded with freewares and sharewares. They can show up as slide-in ads, banners, pop-up ads, or new tab pages filled with promotional content and commercial offers. This is a bit more tricky, so we have developed a guide for you. We guess that almost every popularly utilized browser can become influenced by WebSearchSmart. You can soon get enraged due to WebSearchSmart redirect. However, WebSearchSmart uses artful and creative methods to force you to visit such websites; However, some pieces of information that WebSearchSmart redirect virus collects may contain various personally identifiable details.
To what category of cyber threats does this search engine belong?
We tested EasyFileTool’s standalone installer that we downloaded from Easyfiletool.com and here is what we found. To avoid that, follow every installation step and remove the check boxes for installing any programs that you are not aware of. Others, of course, cannot relax too because undesirable software spreads via the web extremely quickly. The program does not to provide the best browsing possibilities but only tries to redirect users to sponsored websites. The second alternative is that these third-party domains implant tracking cookies into your hard drive and begin to monitor your every move online.
Galactica Games browser extension is the one distributing WebSearchSmart. For that, distributors of PUPs(for example, adware, browser hijackers, plug-ins, add-ons, and various browser extensions) use bundling method, which allows to include several programs into one software pack. This is not a fair marketing, not to mention that it is really irritating to be redirected all the time, receive annoying popups, etc. Unfortunately, you are the one who is responsible for your computer safety by the moment you decide to download a questionable freeware. It should immediately detect and eliminate the virus automatically. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers. This is what makes it even more dangerous because seeing ads and websites that would seem relevant to you or important could make you want to click on them.
What is the easiest way to dispose of this browser hijacker?
WebSearchSmart virus can be terminated in two ways – computer users can uninstall it with anti-spyware program like Anti-Malware Tool, or they can remove WebSearchSmart manually. There is no need to keep such useless application on your computer as it can only cause disastrous consequences. You may also experience slowed down work of your computer due to this application. Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or Hitman. Then you will see a list of bonus apps added to your download – these are likely to be potentially unwanted programs. But, most importantly, these PUPs are optional.
Manual WebSearchSmart Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall WebSearchSmart and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove WebSearchSmart from your browsers
Remove WebSearchSmart from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete WebSearchSmart from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall WebSearchSmart from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action