HOW CAN I AVOID WebResults?
Unfortunately, it is not that easy to replace WebResults with other pages. The program can change settings on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari. Until now, Antivirus Live rogue has infected hundreds of unprotected PCs and enabled almost all its victims to use the services of Internet Explorer, so be attentive what you are visiting! If that is the case, As soon as this potentially unwanted program enters computer, it initiates the changes of the start page and default search engine.
There is nothing all that special about the functionality of WebResults since it exhibits the majority of features that other hijackers do. However, it does not mean that WebResults is an innocent program that should be tolerated. Once this hijacker enters your operating system, you will immediately notice a change of your default homepage. like That’s why you will not only be offered to purchase its license, but also secretly infected by backdoor Trojan which additionally will install Antivirus Action trialware. If you do not want to use this search engine, as well as the toolbar, take immediate action to fix your browsers.
How did WebResults hijack my computer if I did not download it?
If you are experiencing constant WebResults redirects, do not ignore that because you may be tricked into visiting dangerous websites. It comes as an additional option to some freeware you have just installed. Therefore, it’s not very likely that you will end up with it if you tend to select freewares carefully and install them attentively. Unfortunately, WebResults does not have these documents, which suggests that there might be things it wants to hide from users. Also, obtaining a reliable antivirus system may also be a worthy edition to the protection of your PC. Such sites often try to promote questionable applications or browser add-ons, and there is a possibility that they might try to convince you to install infectious files as well.
To remove WebResults virus from your system, go to The bundled software installers can distribute a browser extension designed to inject WebResults into your browser upon installation. We urge users to reconsider this option and stick to to If you find such analysis a bit too complicated, you should simply scan your computer with a professional antimalware tool as it will help you delete any traces linked to this hijacker in an automatic manner. In the worst case, you might also end up getting infected with malware. For such procedures it is advised to always select advanced/custom modes and keep them running smoothly by deselecting offers for optional software.
What to do if I already have this browser hijacker running on my computer?
A program called NowUSeelt Player is infamous for helping this virus spread. The answer is simple – you have installed it together with another free program. If you have never done that before, please use our instructions below to be your guide. During Setup Wizards, you should always attempt to choose advanced/custom modes so no danger would arise from the possibility of installing more programs than you want. Beware that software packages can be added to such popular websites as download.com, soft32.com, softonic.com, cnet.com, and so on. If you cannot find the information you need, you can post your questions into the comments box below, and we will try to help you as soon as we possibly can.
Manual WebResults Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall WebResults and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove WebResults from your browsers
Remove WebResults from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete WebResults from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall WebResults from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action