What is WebFunctionSearch and is it legitimate?
It’s not very difficult to eliminate adware like The mentioned virus, in particular, is labeled by the security experts as a potentially unwanted program. After clicking on these ads, you may also notice WebFunctionSearch redirects to unfamiliar websites that in reality pay for this service for trying to increase their page rank or sales. Furthermore, the official website that should provide proper information about this application does not even work. Even if the application is harmless, the parties affiliated to it may promote highly misleading offers, which means that you will face risks every time you decide to interact with the presented deals or savings. You might also notice underlined text lines in websites you visit, and if you hover over these lines, pop-up WebFunctionSearch ads would appear.
There are two most common methods to eliminate This browser extension also collects data like your browsing history, search queries, most visited sites and so on. bundled. Even if the alternative prices shown to you are better than the original ones, it is likely that you will find better deals on other sites. The main thing you need to remember is to choose Custom or Advanced installation when downloading freewares from the web. Keeping in mind that Internet is full of bundled software, you should check every freeware before installing it.
How is this virus distributed?
WebFunctionSearch is spread using other freewares/sharewares. Do not get us wrong. For this reason it is categorized as a potentially unwanted program. 1) read as much information about the program as you manage to find; Make sure that you check Advanced/Custom settings step-by-step and reject installation of ‘optional downloads’. The removal of additional adware and undesirable software is an unnecessary problem, and you can avoid that by ignoring WebFunctionSearch ads and getting adware deleted.
This adware can infect Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Thus, the first step that you could take in order to remove any malicious activity associated with WebFunctionSearch is to get acquainted with the applications listed above. If you do not feel comfortable performing such analysis yourself, we recommend using a professional antimalware tool in order to perform a full system scan right after you have executed the manual removal. please continue reading this article. And it is not so difficult to indicate this adware on your PC – all the ads displayed by WebFunctionSearch are labeled with a slogan “Ads by WebFunctionSearch” or “Bought to you by WebFunctionSearch”. Don’t forget to upgrade your antispyware to its newest version to ensure detection and removal of the most recent unwanted programs.
Suggested removal methodsDownload Removal Toolto remove WebFunctionSearch
WebFunctionSearch adware can be added to your browser together with free music players, video recorders, PDF creators, etc. Illegal advertising programs are very similar to spyware parasites and often have some of their functions. To avoid downloading adware, pay more attention to your downloads and make sure you read Terms and Agreements before installing any new software to your computer. If you have some questions regarding this topic, feel free to ask them in the comments section below and we will do our best to help you. You can find them on the next page.
Manual WebFunctionSearch Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall WebFunctionSearch and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove WebFunctionSearch from your browsers
Remove WebFunctionSearch from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete WebFunctionSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall WebFunctionSearch from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action