Facts you should know about Topsearch.co virus:
We have developed a step-by-step tutorial how to do it manually. The program is distributed to random computers bundled with various free applications from the Internet, like video players and similar tools. That should be enough to convince you that you must remove Topsearch.co right now. however, they have to if they want to run AdStopper free of charge. Topsearch.co usually sets itself as a homepage and a default search tool. We hope that other threats are not found, or that if they are found, they are not incredibly complicated or malicious.
Although our research shows that this hijacker is not too popular yet, it is possible that you infect your computer with it after clicking on unreliable web content; Affected browsers will open this sly search network as their home pages, default search providers and new tab pages. Keep in mind that high-risk websites might promote questionable downloads, so you should refrain yourself from downloading any content from websites that Topsearch.co virus forces you to visit. One of them is Topsearch.co domain. Anti-Malware Tool. No matter that Topsearch.co is not considered an extremely dangerous virus, you should stay away from ti as far as you can.
How this virus spreads and how can you get infected?
Topsearch.co like many other adware is distributed using freeware or shareware. In fact, we believe that it does not exist at all. That is why it is always recommended to read the License Agreements and closely follow the installation process when installing apps downloaded from the Internet. Remove Topsearch.co as soon as you detect it at any of your browsers. By the way, if they select Quick or Basic installation option, optional downloads may be absolutely hidden. sometimes there is a single box that you can uncheck and so cancel the installation of some questionable or even malicious program.
Where did Topsearch.co browser hijacker come from?
It must be noted that this hijacker has been configured to collect information about you to customize and personalize the advertising campaign to generate as much advertising revenue as possible. You cannot uninstall it through Control Panel, but it is still not complicated to say farewell to this useless tool. You can also try manual removal of Topsearch.co browser hijacker first. Once you uninstall this tool, a farewell page is opened in your browser that contains a survey to fill out. If you have previously scanned your PC and all kinds of malicious infections were found, we suggest going with automatic removal instead of manual removal. so do not hesitate and take action. Usually, these options conceal pre-selected agreements to install additional software alongside your preferred program.
Manual Topsearch.co Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Topsearch.co and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Topsearch.co from your browsers
Remove Topsearch.co from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Topsearch.co from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Topsearch.co from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action