State Progress virus: why you should remove it?
It is strongly recommended to remove State Progress from your system run a full system scan with a reputable anti-malware program, like Anti-Malware Tool, StopZilla, etc. No matter how new and fresh this search engine is, to us it is very well-know already because it comes from an endlessly growing browser hijacker family that includes Search.searchdp.com, Search.directionsandmap.com, and Search.searchlivesp.com among dozens of other similar as well as identical malware threats. This hijacker was designed to serve an agenda, and it is distributed using deceptive methods to replace your browser’s homepage address in order to make you use it for searching the web and, thus, see ads in the search results. Even though it is not very popular, it does not mean that you cannot encounter it one day. We advise you to State Progress from your browser and identify all other potentially harmful programs on your system if you want to use a safe PC. For preventing infiltration of Mozilla redirect virus, we highly recommend thinking about installing a reputable anti-spyware, such as
We have developed a tutorial how to remove State Progress and provided it below this article. You can also do it manaully, but that can be challenging for some users. You can notice this infection only after all these dirty activities are done and when you are frequently redirected to State Progress and some other random advertising domain. Therefore, it is not recommended to keep this application on your system. This application is compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems, the compatibility with other OSs has not been analyzed yet, but we may presume that State Progress application can be compatible with Linux, etc., since the majority of browser hijackers bear a high compatibility degree.
How can State Progress hijack MY COMPUTER?
As already mentioned, at first, the program changes your homepage and default search provider to State Progress. The quickest way to do it is, of course, automatic elimination. Uninstall it from Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list. You have two options how to do that – you can remove it with an anti-spyware program, for example, Anti-Malware Tool, or manually. Some versions of this virus install software that blocks browser settings from changing. manual removal guide to assist you – scroll down below this article and take a look at it. What’s more, some of the advertised sites could invade your privacy while gathering personal information without any consent.
HOW TO REMOVE PCHSearch&Win virus?
State Progress usually replaces your homepage and search provider during the installation of other freeware. Take note that certain infections that can infect your PC as a result of using State Progress may collect personal information about you. If you want to try manual removal, you should find a guide that is given below and perform each step in a right sequence. Naturally, if you do not want to endanger the computer, we would advise you to stay away from suspicious advertising or better yet get rid of any programs that display this potentially harmful content. The collected information is used to tailor the promoted links to suit the interest of the user.
Manual State Progress Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall State Progress and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove State Progress from your browsers
Remove State Progress from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete State Progress from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall State Progress from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action