Why does Speed virus bother me?
A sudden change of your browser’s default settings might be an indication that your operating system is infected with a browser hijacker. The program can be added to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. This website is reached after the system has been infected by trojans, which alter the browser settings, which results in redirections while browsing the net. Please fill in the survey in order to close this application But first you must take a closer look at this extension.
Speed is a browser hijacker, and it is yet another one of the many SaferBrowser browser hijackers. It’s a marketing technique that allows spreading various freewares bundled with ‘additional components’ (add-ons, plug-ins, toolbars, extenstiont) in one pack. Usually, these search results do not open related web pages – they are meant to open predetermined web pages once the victim clicks on such outcome. How can you avoid it? The previous examples were with Google Chrome web browser, but Speed can take over your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari or any other browser you happen to use. After that, it starts its annoying routine, which consists of altered search results, redirections to unknown websites and commercial ads. Of course, this should not happen if you have a broken version of Speed, i.e.
Where did I come across this browsing hijacker?
Beware that Speed is also known to track your browsing activity and check what websites you are visiting and what information you are browsing about on the Internet. Our research team has found out that the search engine provided by this toolbar is a suspicious one as it provides users with questionable results. You should always go for Custom installation and check if there are any additional components like Speed toolbar and deselect this option. You can quickly find out more information by scanning the system with the diagnostic tool. You see, this dubious browser hijacker removes the original links from these search outcomes and replaces them with links that are meant to cause Speed redirects to third-party pages that are predetermined. You can do that by choosing Advanced installation mode at the software’s startup because the default modes simply install all of the package contents unconditionally.
Can you reset a browser? We do not recommend to reveal such data for unreliable sources, as it is a mystery why the developers of this rogue search engine need it. There is a bunch of other members in the Alexa family, so you might see another search engine set on your browsers in the future if you are not cautious. These programs are offered for you as freebies because they are corrupted with various PUPs – potentially unwanted programs – which make them toll free. It only showcases search results that are taken from Google Search, and third-party links curated by the hijacker can be injected along with these results. As you can see, it takes considerably more time to get rid of similar malware afterwards.
Why do security experts NOT recommend using this search provider?
If you have an antivirus tool, use it to run a full security scan. To restore your device back to normal, you should try out Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or Hitman. The application will shield the system from numerous computer infections, so if you want to be safe on the Internet and save your time. We recommend using automatic Speed removal. installing free software on your computer. Manual removal may be tricky for less experienced computer users. can help you to get rid of other suspicious entries and programs as well.Download Removal Toolto remove Speed
Manual Speed Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Speed and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Speed from your browsers
Remove Speed from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Speed from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Speed from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action