So what is Search.locatorunit.com and how is it different from reliable and well-known search engines?
Adware applications may not be extremely dangerous computer threats, but you have to remember that all of them have been created for financial purposes. This is so since the intrusive piece of software can make changes to you web browser’s default settings, which will make your overall online experience an annoying one to say the least. and usually is added while you are downloading some free applications from the Internet. We cannot blame them. The users are then forced to use this website for their Internet search because this virus also installs additional helper objects, such as browser add-ons, toolbars, etc., which obstruct the browser changes to be reverted. In reality, the only purpose of this extension is to introduce you to the hijacker, and that is one of the reasons we recommend its removal. For this reason, Search.locatorunit.com virus alters search results, includes various sponsored links in the priority and complements every website with various commercial advertisements.
If you are infected with a Search.locatorunit.com virus, modifications to your browsers’ setting are inevitable. If you have already found Search.locatorunit.com set as your default start page and search provider without requiring for your permission, we would like to advise you in advance – check the system with anti-malware, such as Anti-Malware Tool and get rid of it ASAP. This is done in order to get more clicks on the links promoted and earn more money. Finally, because of this search engine, you may also discover unwanted toolbars and other potentially unwanted programs on your computer. Right below the search bar shortcuts to russianbrides.co, orientbeauties.net, profitico.net (supposedly world’s only free money system) and anastasiabeauties.com (Ukrainian girls dating site). So, it is really important to get rid of Search.locatorunit.com redirections without any delay.
What methods are used for spreading Search.locatorunit.com?
The main aim of Search.locatorunit.com is to promote various free programs and make users visit sponsored websites. This could happen because using the search box presented within the questionable website could subject your operating system to suspicious online content. This can be a very convenient way of distributing useful products. Beware that it can also redirect you potentially dangerous websites where you can get your system infected. In addition to this, Search.locatorunit.com You can do that by choosing the “Advanced” mode in the software setup wizard.
As you can see, Search.locatorunit.com comes from an established browser hijacker family, and the name of the entity that produces them is known as SaferBrowser. Fortunately, the computer and browser’s settings can be quickly restored. Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. After clicking on any of them, you might be redirected to unknown web pages. Control Panel, Add/Remove programs list and uninstall anything related to Search.locatorunit.com.me, searchassit.net or similar domains from there. Pick advanced/custom modes for every Setup Wizard as more information would be given to you.Download Removal Toolto remove Search.locatorunit.com
How to remove Search.locatorunit.com Search virus?
It should be possible to delete Search.locatorunit.com from all affected browsers, i.e. We argue that it is a potential security threat because of the content it may be used to promote. The crux of the matter is that you are held responsible for the security of these adverts and the consequences, which ensues after the having interacted with them: Thus, we would highly recommend you to perform automatic removal using a professional malware removal tool. It will find all hidden files of this program and will clean all computer parasites, so you will not have to worry about computer safety in the future.
Manual Search.locatorunit.com Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Search.locatorunit.com and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Search.locatorunit.com from your browsers
Remove Search.locatorunit.com from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Search.locatorunit.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Search.locatorunit.com from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action