Puiont.com ads – where do they come from?
If you do not want to experience system’s slow downs, redirects to unknown websites and see constant ads on your web browser, then stay away from Puiont.com program. In most of the cases, it appears on every websites, no matter if you are making Google search or if you are browsing thru online stores, such as Amazon, eBay, Walt Mart and so on. So, when trying to avoid such PUPs like this one, you should be extremely careful when selecting programs and carefully perform their installation process. Nevertheless, it is always important to scan your system with a computer security tool of your choice because if you are not an experienced computer user you might accidentally miss some adware-related files. Basically, these are the main factors that encouraged security experts to include this program to the category of ‘adware’.
Once installed, it will display ads in all kinds of forms, such as banner, pop-up, pop-under or in-text ads. Such sites include download.com, cnet, brothersift, etc. Therefore, if you want to be sure and avoid stealth installation of programs in the future, check each step of the installation process. To avoid adware infiltration that come bundled, always go for Custom installation when downloading freeware and deselect any check boxes that indicate about additional downloads. However, many people have reported that it displays its ads no matter which site they decide to enter. To avoid this happening, make sure that you install free software very carefully and avoid visiting unsafe websites.
HOW CAN Puiont.com HIJACK MY COMPUTER?
There is no doubt that Puiont.com always comes bundled with other installers and downloaders. Our specialists have found that it is usually distributed via InstallRex, Amonetize, and Vittalia installers mainly like other JustPlugIt-based adware programs. However, if you are not willing to use additional software, you can follow manual removal guide that is given below: It is firmly advised not to click on any ads or pop-ups provided by Puiont.com as you could end up on a website hosting malicious web content. Below we provide removal guide that explains how to get rid of this adware and fix all your browser settings.
To remove Puiont.com, Please, stay away from this fake notification and remove ‘Puiont.com’ virus without any delay. If you decide to delete Puiont.com manually, firstly use the guide below and then continue with the removal of leftover files and registry entries. It’s a stealthy marketing and distribution technique, which is preferred by third parties due to the possibility to spread add-ons, plug-ins, and toolbars for a wider audience. We can offer you a tool that will Puiont.com existing threats from your operating system automatically, as well as reinstate full-time Windows protection. If you find Puiont.com adware as one of your programs, we strongly advise you to run a security scan and put a strict stop to its activity. Although affiliate marketing is legal, Puiont.com definitely uses unfair methods to get more clicks on its ads.
How can I remove Puiont.com effectively?
Even though it is described as useful application that will allow you to save both your time and money while shopping online by providing you with various coupons, deals and commercial offers, this is not true. If you don’t remove it fully, the ads keep bothering you after you restart your system. please continue reading this article. If you have some questions regarding this topic, feel free to ask them in the comments section below and we will do our best to help you. If you prefer doing things in your own way, then we offer manual elimination guidelines.
Manual Puiont.com Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Puiont.com and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Puiont.com from your browsers
Remove Puiont.com from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Puiont.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Puiont.com from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action