Why should you not underestimate the PLAM?
Policía PLAM is distributed by trojan horse, which is called Trojan.LockScreen. This scam is very good at concealing its true nature, but a good scam is a scam nevertheless: Once active on the system, PLAM will flood the user with popups and fake system notifications, “informing” him that he has corrupted files on the system and therefore needs a tool to take care of the problem. People from United States of America have spotted ghastly dressed-up figures that disguised themselves in clown make up and clothing. Cyber criminals use sophisticated methods for deceiving their victims.
Once inside, the application completely blocks your system and you cannot do anything there. If you are one of these people who have got infected with it, you must have opened an infected email or visited a hacked site. In fact, the creators of Computer Crime & If you fall for entering your loggin name and password, scammers would immediately get ability to loggin to your account and use it for malicious purposes. After several redirects to illegal pornographic websites, PLAM ransomware locks user’s computer claiming that the crime has been committed and that he/she has to pay the ransom. You must remove PLAM from the system ASAP.
How does ransomware spread?
In order to make it appear more legitimate, ΤΜΗΜΑ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ notification shows victim’s IP address, location, national flag of Greece and similar tricky details. Be sure that ‘PLAM’ is just another way how scammers seek to rip their victims off. The cyber criminals currently ask for 1.2 BTC which is 569.82 USD at the moment – a relatively high amount in comparison to other ransomwares. The site does not necessary has to be adult one. If you simply leave it on your machine, you will be continuously receiving an incredible quantity of fake popup alerts and fabricated scan reports. For a while, you might not have the slightest idea that a damaging virus has taken control of your computer. If this threat enters the system, it starts its unstoppable work and continues running in system’s
When trying to remove If you do not want to use the program we recommend, please navigate to page 2 to find a manual PLAM removal guide. Sometimes, users can overcome that by setting their computer’s date back, before the PLAM However, if this option is useless for you, your should use one of these methods: As its relation to Virus completely you should follow one of the guides below (depending on the version of Trojan that infected your computer): We do not recommend relying on online cloud storages as there have been reports of data encryption on these virtual platforms too.
File recovery after PLAM infiltration:
There is no need to say that paying the fine will not remove PLAM. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it. For this process, a reliable security from your system. If you do, remove the virus from your computer, then plug in the storage device and import your files. In order to protect the computer If this virus has affected your Windows OS, you can try Anti-Malware Tool.
Manual PLAM Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall PLAM and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove PLAM from your browsers
Remove PLAM from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete PLAM from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall PLAM from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action