MyChromeSearch.com virus showed up on my computer. Why?
There are many ways in which MyChromeSearch.com could slither in. adware, potentially unwanted applications, and so on. Once you click on the MyChromeSearch.com, you are redirected to the FAKE Facebook site, which asks to enter your loggin details. We have also found that this app is available from the Chrome web store, and it is represented as part of the “Codeset package” (Codeset is the developer). Not only that but it is also set to gather information about you to customize the promotions you see. a sneaky browser hijacker.
Although our research shows that this hijacker is not too popular yet, it is possible that you infect your computer with it after clicking on unreliable web content; In fact, we have tested quite a lot of such threats already and so we can say from experience that most of them are spread with bundled software installers of other unreliable applications (e.g., browser extensions) or via irritating pop-up messages, which might be shown by a similarly untrustworthy application placed earlier on the system. We want to share a few useful tips with you and make sure you will avoid unwanted content in the future. Be aware that the purpose of these ads is the same – to redirect you to predetermined websites and gain certain profit. That is so because the hijacker in question will make silent modifications to your browser’s files and registry entries, which are directly related to its default settings. In order to do so, you should always select Advanced or Custom installation option instead of Quick or Recommended, because, otherwise, you may not be allowed to do so.
You did not set this search as your default start page and search provider. So, how did MyChromeSearch.com hijack your web browser?
Although MyChromeSearch.com virus doesn’t damage your system, it can cause redirections to unknown websites that might be infected. In order to uninstall it, you should look for it in Control Panel or check your machine with a reliable anti-spyware. Interestingly, you cannot visit MyChromeSearch.com directly as it is the type of hijacker to which other browser hijackers redirect. Besides that, the hijacker also displays links to such popular websites as facebook.com, gmail.com, or ebay.com. These components are likely to belong to an adware helper, and we recommend its removal. Those advertising predators prey on your clicking of the ads and visiting the dubious websites of theirs.
If you haven’t noticed that yet, this browser hijacker has altered not only your homepage but also new tab and default search engine settings. In order to avoid that, follow these steps: As these threats usually sneak onto computers together with several other programs, there is a possibility that your system contains unreliable software. We have prepared the manual removal instructions in order to help you do that; Right now the only way for you to make sure that your computer is safe again is to delete MyChromeSearch.com and scan your system with a reliable online malware scanner to find out what else you need to eliminate from your PC. manual removal guide – scroll down below this article and take a look at it.
MyChromeSearch.com removal options
Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or Anti-Malware Tool are perfect automatic malware removal tools to be applied in the case of hijackware infection. If you are not familiar with this task, you can refer to our manual removal guide below. Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or Hitman are capable of eliminating this browser hijacker in just a couple of minutes. email, username, and password, it captures information automatically, e.g. If you have previously scanned your PC and all kinds of malicious infections were found, we suggest going with automatic removal instead of manual removal.
Manual MyChromeSearch.com Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall MyChromeSearch.com and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove MyChromeSearch.com from your browsers
Remove MyChromeSearch.com from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete MyChromeSearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall MyChromeSearch.com from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action