Why have my search engine and homepage been changed to Eco Search browser hijacker?
Eco Search browser hijacker has been categorized as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) due to the fact that it is frequently added alongside free software as ‘optional download’ and spread around in one pack. is an annoying browser hijacker that can affect any of yours Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Gathered data can be given to third-party advertising companies without explicit user consent. Once this potentially unwanted program slithers into your system, it changes your default homepage and sets Ask search engine as your homepage that will be opened every time you launch your browser. As a result, you may immediately notice that your home page and search engine changed from Findamo homepage.
Eco Search browser hijacker is hosted on 18.104.22.168 IP address. Typically it gathers non-personally identifiable information, such as search terms, frequently accessed websites, data entered in them, clicks, IP address, PC’s location, email address, and so on. websites. What is more, Eco Search browser hijacker hijack results in the appearance of various extensions, toolbars, plug-ins and other optional software on your computer. It won’t be possible to reconfigure these modifications without erasing the Eco Search browser hijacker virus itself. Is it dangerous to trust these search results? In other words, if you have Eco Search browser hijacker on your system without your knowledge, it is quite possible you can find other threats too.
When did I come across this PUP?
Eco Search browser hijacker usually affects computers located in India. It is highly recommended to perform a full system scan before doing anything else. There are several techniques which can save you from potentially unwanted programs infecting your device. The most common “passengers” that travel in a bundle like this are adware programs, browser hijackers, and potentially unwanted programs. Even though Eco Search browser hijacker virus tries to very strongly imply that it employs specific privacy measures to not collect PII (personally-identifiable information), at times, unintentionally, company might collect such data as well.
Eco Search browser hijacker program is a rogue program as well. However, the mostly used method for its distribution is called bundling. It is possible that this hijacker injects third-party ads through the linked websites displayed at the top, which are TV, movie, and sport-related mainly. However, if you have no experience in dealing with similar computer threats, we recommend scanning your system with a reliable anti-spyware suite which should remove Eco Search browser hijacker virus in a couple of minutes. If you cannot do this because Eco Search browser hijacker extension has already infected your device, employ automatic malware removal tools such as Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or Hitman. Most important, your virtual security will be guarded, and that is what you need to keep potentially unwanted programs, hijackers, and dangerous malware away in the future.
Why does security vendors recommend an ASAP Eco Search browser hijacker removal?
Users who have already noticed If you consider it to be a useful app, you can install it there, but don’t forget to untick check mark regarding the additional installation of Ask Search. To avoid it, you have to be more careful with your downloads from the Internet. For this purpose, enter the Advanced/ Custom settings and look through the section of additional downloads. Do not allow repaving your homepage with unknown pages, like Eco Search browser hijacker either. therefore, all your preferences and extensions will be gone. selected options indicating about changing your homepage to some unknown website or offering to install an unknown program, always deselect them.
Manual Eco Search browser hijacker Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Eco Search browser hijacker and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Eco Search browser hijacker from your browsers
Remove Eco Search browser hijacker from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Eco Search browser hijacker from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Eco Search browser hijacker from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action