Has Connect System page replaced your browser’s homepage? What does that mean?
Connect System (also known as Connect System Virus) appears to be a browser hijacker that is mostly popular in the United States and Egypt. It may be even more frustrating if you are trying to stop such activity but cannot do that easily. If you employ it, you are likely to expose yourself to unrelated search results, as well as potentially unreliable links to unknown third-party sites. Unfortunately, this intrusive search engine will ruin your online experience; Connect System virus keeps its word and produces relevant search results.
We have noticed that this search engine is completely useless because it does not even display its own search results. It is a unreliable application that forces you to use a homepage and search provider you did not ask for. No matter that it declares that the only information it collects is “non-personally identifiable”, you can never know who is capable of reaching it. This seemingly irrelevant alteration will have a profoundly negative effect on the way surf the web. How does it do that?
HOW TO ELIMINATE Connect System REDIRECTS?
If you enter keywords into the search field presented via Connect System, you are automatically routed to Google Search, where search results corresponding to your keywords are shown. The displayed search results can feature some links that are not focused on the interests’ of users but rather fixated on other shady deeds. to the system. Connect System displays the advertising content of its client – the 3rd party. Even if you do not think that malware exists, you should inspect your operating system right away. Thus, depending on the number of clicks of these pay-per-view ads, authors collect quite a decent income.
How to remove this browser hijacker for good?
Manual Connect System Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Connect System and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Connect System from your browsers
Remove Connect System from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Connect System from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Connect System from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action