HOW CAN CommonGeneration INFECT COMPUTER?
CommonGeneration is a browser add-on which is supposed to improve your browsing experience. Even though sometimes people refer to it as a virus, in reality it does not belong to any category of malicious programs. Ads displayed by CommonGeneration is really annoying and can be displayed in several different types, including sponsored links, coupons, deals and banner ads, “pop-unders” or interstitial ads. However, you should not believe that as all those offers come from the third parties and they are fake. Such categorization is mostly due to its suspicious and rather invasive activity.
Just like other applications from SuperWeb group (including Cling Clang, Laflurla, Rock Turner ads and more), CommonGeneration can be installed as an extension on all main browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. It is available at various download websites, so you shouldn’t find problems with its installation. What is more, always avoid suspicious platforms distributing bundled software and third-party download managers and installers as they are notorious for distributing bundled programs. CommonGeneration adware is not an exception. Needless to say, that one should never trust annoying pop-ups that come from such servers as CommonGeneration. If they complain about annoying ads, redirects, slowdowns and similar issues that started bothering them after installing some free application, don’t install it. However, if you select Quick or Basic installation option, additional components may be hidden and installed by default.
How to protect your PC from programs like this one?
If you want to avoid that, you have to pay more attention to the installation steps of the programs you are downloading from the Internet. Follow these simple guidelines and remove this potential threat: has already It is not easy to detect this adware manually, so the easiest way to remove it is by scanning your system with an anti-malware program. So it is quite easy to twig the displayer of them.
Even though it’s described as an useful application that will help you to save both your time and money when shopping online by providing you with various deals, coupons and commercial offers, this is not true. Even if these ads will redirect you to safe pages, you will soon find this very annoying, as there is no way to stop ads, unless you remove CommonGeneration adware from your computer. Make sure you always follow the installation steps and if you see any options that are selected for you and that indicate about additional downloads, always deselect them. Although the program cannot collect your personally identifiable information, with the data collected the program can generate a flow of custom ads. In this case, your undivided attention should be dedicated to the holy process of installation. You should CommonGeneration as soon as possible if you do not want to be exposed to potential criminals. If you manage to complete all steps correctly, you will be able to remove
How to remove this computer parasite from my computer?
As we have already noted, CommonGeneration installer can be found on the official page. This way you will be able to see all available options and make changes if needed. By being quite incautious. However, you should explore the terms and conditions of setups and make sure that no additional applications come with the original package. In order to uninstall this program manually, follow these instructions: If you prefer software to do the work for you, then you can rest assured that it will detect the PUP and exterminate it without leaving any traces.
Manual CommonGeneration Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall CommonGeneration and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove CommonGeneration from your browsers
Remove CommonGeneration from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete CommonGeneration from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall CommonGeneration from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action