Artepigr.com virus: highly annoying and intrusive
We cannot label Artepigr.com a malicious infection because it enters systems with users’ permission. Usually, these annoying ads are caused by a program that is labeled as an adware. Once executed, Artepigr.com modifies system settings, so it could run on every Windows startup and hide from the user. The worm uses Windows auto-run feature in order to replicate itself on other computers via removable drives. However, you should keep in mind that its just a trick to lure you into installing it. • Shows commercial adverts • Connects itself to the internet • Hides from the user • Stays resident in background That’s because in order to increase page rank or sales of certain websites, Artepigr.com virus may fill its ads with links to sponsored websites and seek to redirect you there.
Artepigr.com has been developed for affiliate marketing. The best way to do it is using a reliable anti-malware program, for example, Anti-Malware Tool or StopZilla. Instead of being concerned about user’s needs and wishes, the add-on seeks to generate income for its developers using pay-per-click (PPC) system or increase the rank of affiliate websites causing Artepigr.com redirects to them. Unfortunately, the adware is most likely to be bundled with completely unreliable and malicious programs that you will need to remove as well. Probably the main reason why it releases so many adware-type programs is because this company constantly re-brands the same program.
How can this program infiltrate my computer?
Artepigr.com has specifically been designed to generate income for its developers (which are unknown). LyricsSay-1, LyricXeeker, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, LyricsGet, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, AlLyrics, ElectroLyrics-1, a2zLyrics-1, Feven 1.7, Websteroids, ScorpionSaver, HD-Plus 3.5 Therefore, it might be used for generating more relevant advertisements matching your interests. LyricsSay-1, LyricXeeker, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, WebCake 3.00, DownloadTerms 1.0, LyricsBuddy-1, AlLyrics, ElectroLyrics-1, a2zLyrics-1, SimpleLyrics Artepigr.com ads Then scan your computer using and antivirus program, for example, Anti-Malware Tool which will make sure all unwanted program to be removed automatically.
Artepigr.com is a free browser add-on that is actively spread by means of freewares/sharewares. It will record websites that you visited, search terms that you entered in search boxes, bookmarks you saved and so on. To access it, do the following. If you see any preselected confirmation boxes that indicate about additional downloads, make sure you deselect them, if they are unknown for you. If you are not sure about what you should do, we offer you the easiest route, which is installing an automated malware removal tool. ensure to remove Artepigr.com from your PC.
HOW TO REMOVE 2NDTOUGHT VIRUS?
Manual Artepigr.com Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Artepigr.com and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Artepigr.com from your browsers
Remove Artepigr.com from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Artepigr.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Artepigr.com from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action