What do you need to know about the updated Toptosearch.com 3 virus?
You should be very careful while downloading anything from the Internet as many times you can avoid this type of infections. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Besides, you should also be prepared for unwanted pop-up ads that typically announce about different kinds of coupons and deals. In reality, it is not a virus but we still think that you should avoid it. Some time before, security experts categorized this plug-in as an adware due to the fact that it tended to replace Google advertisements with its ads.
Researchers at 2virusremoval.com have managed to find out that Toptosearch.com is primarily targeted at people living China. You may try removing it from Control Panel Add and Remove programs list: Once Toptosearch.com virus is set as a default start page and search provider, it gets the ability to deliver sponsored links and advertisement to you. This hijacker redirects search queries to a personalized version of Yahoo.com. however, if your PC has proper and updated defense, such as an anti-malware program, you may find yourself on a warning page before reaching this link.
Can I protect my PC from browser hijackers?
Constant redirecting to Toptosearch.com is one of the signs that your computer was already affected by Antispyware Soft. Toptosearch.com. Toptosearch.com displays lists of sponsored websites instead of regular search results, that often don’t even correspond to the search query. It would be quite reckless to utilize this domain and its search box. Moreover, the third-party web pages may even distribute malicious software, such as viruses, Trojans, ransomware, worms, etc. If you click on one of them, you are redirected to easydocmerger.com.
Toptosearch.com redirect virus can affect your computer in case you are an inattentive computer user who tends to install freeware in a rush. However, you should know that it can be changed without your knowledge in case you tend to act carelessly while browsing the Internet or if you tend to install new programs on your system without paying attention to the installation setup. It is recommended to uninstalling ALL programs installed on the same date as problems have appeared. However, there‘s a way to avoid such unwanted content – all you have to do is to choose the right installation settings. Always deselect options that include little known or unknown tools. In this case, you should You can also let yourself be guided by the manual removal instructions for Toptosearch.com plug-in, which are rendered just below this article.
What to do if I have already installed it?
Manual Toptosearch.com Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Toptosearch.com and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Toptosearch.com from your browsers
Remove Toptosearch.com from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Toptosearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Toptosearch.com from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action