Why is StreamSpotSearch a search engine you should avoid?
We have already mentioned that StreamSpotSearch is distributed in a bundle with free downloads, such as PDF creators, download managers and similar programs. Besides, it may also show you pop-up ads, underlined words, in-text ads and similar distracting content, which is also used for the same aim. Once inside, the program changes your browser settings, which subsequently cause replacing of your homepage and default search provider to StreamSpotSearch.com. When installing the toolbar, you have to click “Custom Installation” to have the opportunity to un-check the boxes that confirm the changes. That’s because of the hidden background connection, which is usually opened by due to its modifications your operating system might be exposed to devious web content, which could consequently cause a system infection.
The application is distributed together with free downloads. it changes your homepage, default search page and makes some other modifications in your browser settings. This is done in order to get more clicks on the links promoted and earn more money. There is a high possibility that StreamSpotSearch Search hijacker may be transmitted with the help of this freeware. Of course, you will not find this search site promoted on the official websites of Microsoft and similar. This will help you to monitor everything the program has to offer and remove programs that you do not want ending up on your computer.
How can my computer get infected with this virus?
StreamSpotSearch redirect virus is distributed via freeware, shareware, spam emails and their attachments. Usually, the hijacker in question is spread via bundled installers. Of course, after doing so you should also uncheck all pre-checked check marks that allow installation of Make sure to delete StreamSpotSearch immediately since running it on your operating system could have disastrous outcomes to say the least. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and remove it from there. If you agree with our malware researchers, you will choose to delete this malware. Typically, this PUP spreads via free programs, such as audio editors, download managers, and media players.
Beware that such programs are not safe to have on your computer. Besides, it’s important to note that software packages that promote Opti Page redirect virus can spread both via corrupted and reputable download sources (Cnet, Softonic, Download, etc.). So, consequently, the longer you keep this fake search engine installed on your PC, the more it may find out about your browsing habits and preferences. Just make sure you obtain a legal software and update it to the latest version, to ensure a more precise StreamSpotSearch removal. They all Don’t forget to upgrade your antispyware tool to its latest version before running a scan.
How can I prevent browser’s hijack and how to remove the toolbar permanently?
The idea is that if you see a customized content that is related to your likes and preferences, you may be more inclined to click and explore it. For experienced users, our specialists recommend the manual removal instructions available below. To collect this information, this browser hijacker is known to use browser cookies as web beacons. Anti-Malware Tool will StreamSpotSearch ALL infections it finds; You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. It will detect all the threats on your computer and eliminate them one by one.
Manual StreamSpotSearch Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall StreamSpotSearch and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove StreamSpotSearch from your browsers
Remove StreamSpotSearch from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete StreamSpotSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall StreamSpotSearch from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action