How serious is the Standart Handler virus?
Although at first sight Standart Handler looks like most of the search engines, it cannot provide relevant search results. According to the research we have conducted, malicious installers spread this software as well, and they can spread it along with additional threats or potentially unwanted programs. It is not considered to be an infection, but it uses unfair methods to enter computers and later tries to reach its goals dishonestly. If this has already happened to you, you should know that Standart Handler is not a trustworthy search engine and it might even cause some harm to your system. To find out more about the app taken advantage of and the malicious deeds carried out by Standart Handler app read the following passage.
To remove Standart Handler virus, run a full system scan with an anti-malware program, such as Anti-Malware Tool or StopZilla. It also disturbs your work when you are trying to make some searches. The problem about this search engine is that it does not provide trustworthy search results. In fact, they usually contain a couple of other malware programs. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that all links/ads injected by the hijacker will be reliable and trustworthy. However, some experts claim that Standart Handler can also be used to promote serious viruses and allow their infiltration to the system. In reality, this hijacker will only cause annoyance and frustration.
How does this virus infiltrate the computers?
There are even more negative side effects of having this questionable software on your system. It often comes together with free programs, like players, PDF creators and all other kinds of software. As a result, your computer may be infected with malware and other viruses. More about stopping it can be found in this article: The installer on Standart Handler.com/index.jhtml introduces third-party software as well; Firstly, select “Custom” or “Advanced” settings. Therefore, you should pay more attention the next time. Overall, you should initiate Standart Handler removal as soon as possible.
Standart Handler is clearly related to unethical marketing. This signifies that installation is a serious procedure not to be underestimated. Also, it can install browser helper object (BHO) and create a Windows startup key with an intention to run along with Windows and prevent easy removal. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and remove it from there. Now, you cannot forget that other unreliable programs could be present on your operating system as well. linked to affiliate websites/ Unfortunately, but Standart Handler redirects can make you visit both reliable and unsafe domains, which is why this search is considered as a threat to people’s virtual security.
How to delete this third-party search engine?
If Standart Handler has begun to bring you headache, run trustworthy malware detection and removal applications such as Anti-Malware Tool and Anti-Malware Tool. Users who want to avoid such content should Standart Handler the browser hijacker from their computers and restore modified browser settings. You might attempt to remove Standart Handler browser hijacker on your own: Some versions of this virus install software that blocks browser settings from changing. Thus, if you feel somewhat unconfident, install an anti-spyware program. In order to protect your system, install a security tool and do not forget to download programs from their official websites.
Manual Standart Handler Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Standart Handler and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Standart Handler from your browsers
Remove Standart Handler from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Standart Handler from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Standart Handler from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action