How can Smooth Search Tab hijack MY COMPUTER?
If you have recently installed any new applications to your computer, it is very likely that Smooth Search Tab virus came along them. The program can get added to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Such categorization was made when a research has revealed that the primary purpose of Smooth Search Tab hijack is affiliate marketing, and its main goal is the increased ranking of its affiliate websites. The program mainly bases its search results on sponsored websites. We want to stress that Smooth Search Tab will not improve your browsing experience because it was not designed to do so. However, we would advise you against having any business with this application, especially the search-the-web part.Download Removal Toolto remove Smooth Search Tab
Smooth Search Tab can infiltrate computers via other freewares, such as My Weather XP. You can also try doing it manually. Otherwise, you may end up with other suspicious programs on your computer. These setup files can be spread through the so-called P2P websites, other file-sharing web pages where programs might be distributed without their authors’ consent, or sites distributing unreliable freeware applications. You have to be careful while installing other applications from the Internet and follow the steps of installation. That’s why it may display sponsored links on its homepage, as well as deliver corrupted search results filled with questionable links. This is so because you will have no choice but to use the dubious search provider for all your online queries and each new tab page will present you with a suspicious third-party website.
How can this virus hijack my browser?
Smooth Search Tab is an ad-supported application that only seeks to advertise specific pages. Then check your system for Antivirus Soft and remove it as well, before you got more spyware infiltrated into your system. For more information about this Google Redirect Virus follow this link: You must remove Smooth Search Tab è Smooth Search Tab virus from your system as soon as possible. And from there, the road to a malware infection is almost certain. STOPzilla or Anti-Malware Tool. It can be said that you should always uncheck check marks that claim that you want to change your start page or the default search engine on each of your web browsers.
How to remove Smooth Search Tab browser hijacker and change the homepage?
This time a minor PUP has infiltrated your computer, thus, its removal should not create any inconveniences. Our constructed guide for a manual removal is available at the end of this article. And so, if some of the links lead to dangerous sites and you click them, you could definitely end up installing more unwanted software. This hijacker might have installed additional files and programs into the system, so removing them completely is obligatory. however, if you do not find them very helpful, use an automated malware Smooth Search Tabr. A good anti-malware program can also do a great job in repeling similar potentially unwanted programs.
Manual Smooth Search Tab Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Smooth Search Tab and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Smooth Search Tab from your browsers
Remove Smooth Search Tab from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Smooth Search Tab from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Smooth Search Tab from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action