Is Smashtab browser hijacker search engine safe to use? It seems to act suspiciously.
Smashtab browser hijacker is nearly identical to Search.yourmapscenter.com, Search.youremailnow.com, and Search.yourclassifieds. Usually if comes along various free programs and it doesn’t require users’ authorization to be added. That’s why it has been labeled as browser hijacker and potentially unwanted program. Delta Search and Mixi.dj virus. This data could be shared with the software’s third-party associates to bring you targeted ads. We don’t think so. Beware that you should be very careful with its pop-up ads and search results because they
This articles covers the mains goals of this hijacker and also suggests how to get rid of it. Because of this, some users may receive the threat even without realizing it. Clicking on before-mentioned modified results can compel you to visit shady Internet sites that may be harmful. It can be done either manually or automatically so feel free to choose which removal method fits you the best. Business partners of this browser hijacker may also receive access to this information in case you click on ads provided by them or visit their websites. By saying misleading we mean that Smashtab browser hijacker pop-up ads may correspond precisely to user’s preferences, but, in reality, contain hyperlinks to irrelevant pages.
How does Smashtab browser hijacker redirect virus work?
If your computer has already been hijacked by this rogue website, we recommend removing it with an anti-malware software, for example, It may cause various computer-related issues; Unfortunately, it will not keep this information to itself only. It is also important to pay your utmost attention to every single step of an installation procedure. In addition, may sure you uncheck check marks that are responsible for offering system changes. Besides, that is not difficult to do. These search tools can show modified search results, which is why we advise removing them.
Smashtab browser hijacker can be distributed with free applications like PDF convertors, browser extensions, add-ons and etc. On this toolbar you can find the usual search tool on the left, a local weather widget link, a quick link to a news site (news.mynewswire.co/), which are both filled with potentially unreliable third-party advertisements, and, of course, the main “attraction,” the document conversion links. Make sure you have the latest version of your antispyware so it could detect every single threat. This should help to get your system in a normal mode. However, even if you will download a bundled software pack, it will still be possible to avoid PUPs.
How to get rid of this browser extension?
You can reset your browsers or eliminate unwanted extensions and apply the preferred search tools. The program can be added to the main installer of some download websites and also bundled to random media players, PDF creators, download managers, etc. The most questionable element is obviously the search engine itself since this hijacker may modify the search results to contain third-party affiliates’ ads and links among the normal results. However, if you are the type that would rather use an automated solution, we advise you to install an anti-malware application you find reputable and trustworthy enough (e.g., Anti-Malware Tool). Even if you choose a manual removal, perform a full system scan afterward to ensure no viruses or any other adware/browser hijackers are left. This is the easiest way to make sure that your computer is totally safe and free of such and similar intruders. If you choose to remove the toolbar manually, do not forget to perform a full system scan afterwords.
Manual Smashtab browser hijacker Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Smashtab browser hijacker and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Smashtab browser hijacker from your browsers
Remove Smashtab browser hijacker from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Smashtab browser hijacker from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Smashtab browser hijacker from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action