Despite the trustful look, Smashapps.net search is NOT recommended using. Why?
Smashapps.net is a browser extension that comes bundled with various file sharing applications. The application is compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer, and its function is to help you access the best online deals so that you can save money. Technically, this program in question is there to “supposedly” protect you from more serious infections, but the sole fact this program is there against your wishes should be enough to convince you that you must get rid of Smashapps.net for good. Besides, you may notice that this program changed your start page and default search engine to Smashapps.net.com, and started to block such legitimate search engines as Google, Yahoo and Big. The conquest of browsers’ settings is the goal, attempted to be reached by any member of the hijackware army. Smashapps.net search engine is owned by a Hong Kong company called Big Journey Technology Co.,Ltd.Download Removal Toolto remove Smashapps.net
Once the program is installed to your browser, your default search provider will be changed to Fox News Customized Web Search. StreamlinedDIY Toolbar, EasyWeatherAlert Toolbar, OnlineMapFinder Toolbar and many others are very similar to Smashapps.net. Usually it’s some Trojan viruses that enter your system without you knowledge and changes some configurations of your browser. If it is used to lead people to Business partners of this browser hijacker may also receive access to this information in case you click on ads provided by them or visit their websites. , which is a good search engine.
What techniques this virus uses to infiltrate computers?
This hijacker is also known as a Smashapps.net redirect virus. Smashapps.net redirects on This issue is no laughing matter. Do not choose ‘‘default’’ or ‘‘standard’’ install options. Therefore, the lack of more details about the application suggests it cannot be trusted. Revealing this data can lead to various security related issues. So it seems that the developers use click-bait to get this hijacker on your computer, and research has shown that this hijacker is installed secretly. As you enter in you search query, you will be routed to search.yahoo.com via search.safefinder.com.
The biggest issue about these malicious pop-up ads is that clicking on them may result in downloading a bundle of malware threats. Although it’s not a malware, it’s not safe to keep this program on your system. It is recommended to uninstalling ALL programs installed on the same date as problems have appeared. Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list and uninstall anything Smashapps.net It is clear that you have to remove it as soon as possible and use a reliable search provider.
Smashapps.net Search variations:
Smashapps.net virus has already attacked your system, and you want to eliminate this PUP, proceed to the next page to find its removal instructions. Search engine. If you have downloaded any media players, download managers, PDF creators or other free applications recently, and you know see Smashapps.net instead of your previously chosen homepage, your browsers has been hijacked too. You have probably installed some freeware on your computer that contained Smashapps.net PUP. this potentially unwanted program. In short, there is no telling whether you can trust its promotions.
Manual Smashapps.net Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Smashapps.net and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Smashapps.net from your browsers
Remove Smashapps.net from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Smashapps.net from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Smashapps.net from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action