Search.promotearchive.com virus: does it pose a big threat?
Have you ever heard of bundling? We say so because this toolbar can easily enter computers unnoticed in a bundle with other applications. We can still encounter this browser hijacker, but it usually works just on the older versions of the Internet Explorer browser. Just like any other search engine, Search.promotearchive.com looks like simple search site that is filled with a lot of shortcuts and other conveniently-looking details. If, unfortunately, you already have it active on your PC, make sure to execute its complete removal as it exhibits no valuable features whatsoever. If you stay there too long, a bunch of malware, residing in those websites, might infect your computer.Download Removal Toolto remove Search.promotearchive.com
Let us begin with Search.promotearchive.com’s distribution methods. Typically it gets inside via freewares and sharewares. These files are not particularly harmful, but if they stay on the system for a while, the general vulnerability of the operating system increases. Search.promotearchive.com is another candidate to stand as an unreliable source of information. It delivers the probability to access shopping sites, social networks and email accounts right from the front page. Search.promotearchive.com extension redirects to search.yahoo.com in a new tab page. If you do not want to encounter malware, get rid of Search.promotearchive.com and set another search provider as quickly as you can.
If you do not know how Search.promotearchive.com hijacked your browser…
Search.promotearchive.com is a clone of Websearch.thesearchpage.info virus, Websearch.awsomesearchs.info virus, Since this browser hijacker may be found bundled, you could have downloaded it by clicking on a third-party advertisement or a misleading button on a questionable file-sharing website. You may ask so why should it not be trusted then? it sneaks into users’ devices and makes changes that were not adequately approved. We recommend the latter option because a scanner will not miss any threats, and you will learn about malware much more quickely. It does also employ cookies (session and persistent ones) to track the user’s online activities and later on shares the tracked data with 3rd party which, then, provides Search.promotearchive.com with customized ads to display.
Under no circumstances leave Search.promotearchive.com up and running on your operating system as it could lead to detrimental consequences. Consequently, you can be sure that Search.promotearchive.com is not the only unwanted application on board. The demonstrated ads might promote apps, buttons, gadgets, links to third-party domains, websites, products or services. Keep in mind that if you do not delete all the files, your computer may repeatedly be attacked. is automatically, with a help on an anti-malware program. Therefore, you should not use it to avoid visiting malicious websites that are presented as safe and legitimate. Join the user communities of applications like Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or Hitman.
How to remove this Conduit Toolbar?
Search.promotearchive.com can be made available to Internet users in a couple of ways. If you do not wish to end up with an unexpected software on your PC, you should carefully monitor every software’s installation setup. Usually one of the installation steps of these programs discloses that your homepage will be changed to Search.promotearchive.com. What’s more, the search results will mostly be of commercial nature, embedded there by third parties. from the list. This panel can be hidden by clicking on the Hide link.
Manual Search.promotearchive.com Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Search.promotearchive.com and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Search.promotearchive.com from your browsers
Remove Search.promotearchive.com from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Search.promotearchive.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Search.promotearchive.com from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action