Search Advanced Results virus. Why do these annoying ads appear on my computer screen?
Search Advanced Results virus is a browser hijacker that can be installed to computers together with free programs from the Internet. Once inside, the program changes your homepage to Search Advanced Results and takes control over your browsing sessions. In addition, it even offers to test your own knowledge by playing Bible Trivia games. The application can affect Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. These are all themed around movies, games, and music. Some users are also introduced to this software via third-party installers. We urge you to read the article as well since you may find out more useful details about the application that could help you learn how to avoid browser hijackers in the future.
This shady program tends to enter computer system via bundled software. Though it is supposed to be a search engine, that is, a program which returns a list of websites containing the keywords you enter in its search field, Search Advanced Results will only reroute you to a real search provider, that is Yahoo Search. When you click this button, you can directly install this browser extension if you are viewing this page in Chrome that is. Those software bundles can be found on file-sharing websites, where users often locate various freeware apps. Be careful when you are installing any programs and uncheck the boxes with the option to activate any additional programs. In other words, while browsing the Internet, you may begin feeling as if you are not sure on what sites or pages you will end up next.
How can this virus hijack my PC?
Another suspicious feature this PUP has is that you cannot just simply remove the website it sets as the homepage from your web browser. These programs often include additional applications that are installed automatically if you don’t deselect this option at one of the steps of installation of the main program. If you utilize Search Advanced Results search engine to get to another webpage, like a social networking site, your further activity there might be tracked by this pest. There should be no obligation to argue whether online advertising is not entering the dark side and awakening its forces for evil. For a manual removal option it is recommended to run a full system scan afterwards using legitimate anti-malware program. The only way to unlock your browser, it to get rid of this annoying browser hijacker. Unfortunately, such ads may not necessarily come from web pages that are safe for you to visit.
The developers of potentially unwanted software put effort into trying to make PC users install their products unconsciously. Search Advanced Results on your computer and you are sure that you want to get rid of it, you should However, this browser hijacker can be distributed with other free applications as an optional software. If you wish to get rid of this infection manually, we recommend resetting the infected browsers. Such information can be really valuable since they are able to create interest-matching advertisements that are expected to bring relatively decent income for them. To make sure that this does not happen to you, you need to 1) install security software, 2) surf the web more carefully, e.g.Download Removal Toolto remove Search Advanced Results
How can I safely remove Search Advanced Results?
The best way to protect your computer from potential threats is to remove Search Advanced Results from the system and then scan it with Anti-Malware Tool free scanner. Don’t forget to upgrade your security tool to its newest version before running a full system scan. After that, you will be able to return to the previous search engine. If you wish to reset your browser’s settings, you will definitely have to remove Search Advanced Results virus first. However, even after eliminating this malware from your computer, you cannot be sure that all threats are gone. It is not a secret that most computer users do not like reading long lines of Terms and Conditions.
Manual Search Advanced Results Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Search Advanced Results and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Search Advanced Results from your browsers
Remove Search Advanced Results from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Search Advanced Results from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Search Advanced Results from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action