What does .YGKZ at the end of the file names mean?
YGKZ virus is yet another example of ransomware. The program uses a name of local police in order to trick random users and swindle their money away. YGKZ claims it can provide security protection and privacy protection, but you shouldn’t expect much from a program installed by trojans. No reliable authorities would be suggesting you to pay a sum of money as a settlement via the Internet. If you have also been reported that you have malware on your computer, make sure you don’t fall for such information. However, the manual removal of YGKZ is quite simple. Even more, they have never been asking to purchase a voucher and send the code to them.
YGKZ is distributed just like any other ransomware infection. Cyber criminals ask the victim to send this ID to them via email and wait for instructions on how to buy a decryption key. \Users.zip ZIP archive protected by password. And when the time goes by this amount will increase consistently. fine of $300 using Greendot MoneyPak voucher: This suggests that YGKZ ransomware is a version of TrueCrypt ransomware. In addition, if you have spotted it on your PC, remove YGKZ without any delay.
How can I avoid this malware infiltrating my computer?
Once installed, YGKZ Ransomware scans your system and looks for certain extensions to encrypt your files. However, we don’t recommend manual removal because you may remove legitimate files instead of the infected ones. Most likely, the email deceived you by alerting you with a false invoice or notification seemingly sent by a governmental institution. Wasting 100 euros (about 110 US dollars) is not an action we recommend you to do. These frauds demand ransom worth 500$, but the price may vary. Sadly, this might not help you to get your files back; We recommend installing Anti-Malware Tool anti-malware software.
If you are constantly bothered by This alert appears on your desktop NOT because it seeks to help you fix all system errors, bugs, problems and troubles having to do with your hard drive, system memory or registry. In addition, run a full system scan with Anti-Malware Tool or .wflx. The emails has an attached file containing within ransomware. they can also ‘‘inform’’ you about some parcel you received, etc.
What should you do if the ransomware infiltrated your PC?
FBI Moneypak Virus If not, utilize services like Microsoft OneDrive or Google Disk to recover some of your files. The best decision is to turn to some more reliable ways to recover your data. We also recommend getting an anti-malware program, for example, Anti-Malware Tool or StopZilla to ensure a better protection for your system. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program. \Users\Public folder).
Manual YGKZ Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall YGKZ and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove YGKZ from your browsers
Remove YGKZ from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete YGKZ from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall YGKZ from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action