What should you know about SearchConverters? Is it safe to use?
Even though this infection is not too dangerous itself, it can cause you some severe cyber security damage, thus it needs to be removed. Although its developers are trying to convince users that it may be using for improving web browsing sessions, in reality it is a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that can infiltrate computers without being noticed and corrupt Google Chrome’s settings without permission asked. However, if you want more information about it, then we kindly invite you to read this short description. Why SearchConverters is a program not to be wanted on one’s computer? Search.myclassifiedsxp.com, Search.youronlinegameplay.com, Search.easymapsaccess.com, and many many others. However, they come from an unknown background which makes them very suspicious indeed.
SearchConverters redirects may start interrupting you out of nowhere because there are lots of free applications, such as download managers, video streaming softwares, video recording softwares, and PDF creators, that have been involved to its distribution. Basically, it comes together with some free software, like video players or PDF creators that you can usually download for free. Quite often they use various tricks to make From this you see that SearchConverters is pretty useless, you can merely call it a search engine. Moreover, Internet is filled with similar free programs that may also be involved to SearchConverters virus distribution. In reality, it simply promotes links to such video streaming providers as Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon.
How do the browser hijackers infiltrate computer?
SearchConverters displays advertisements in search results or by popups or other windows based on the search query content or the content of the page. The easiest way is to run a full system scan with a reputable anti-spyware. This simply means that even if you delete SearchConverters from your computer, you would still have to face the consequences of other malicious threats. What’s more, since users are not aware when SearchConverters enters their computers, they get the impression that this program is a browser hijacker. freeware.
How to remove SearchConverters browser hijacker from your browser and change homepage in it?Download Removal Toolto remove SearchConverters
Do not panic if you have already been tricked into installing SearchConverters virus on your computer. We have found that it is set to collect information that includes but may not be limited to your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, and search queries. Don’t forget upgrading it to its latest version to guarantee that all threats will be gone. Furthermore, the pop-ups are prevalent in the US in particular, so you should pay close attention to the pop-ups that you see when visiting US-based software distributing websites. Try to complete all steps correctly and you will be able to remove The anti-malware software will not only ensure that SearchConverters with all the related files will be removed from the computer but, if updated regularly, it will protect your computer from further hijacks and other computer security threats. Lastly, when you succeed in eliminating the hijacker, you might return to the classic search engine, such as Google or Bing.
Manual SearchConverters Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall SearchConverters and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove SearchConverters from your browsers
Remove SearchConverters from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete SearchConverters from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall SearchConverters from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action