Search.softsurf.xyz is classified as a PUP. What does that mean?
When the Search.softsurf.xyz browser hijacker successfully enters the computer, it changes the settings of all browsers immediately. if a new search engine Search.softsurf.xyz (also known as Search.softsurf.xyz Virus) has already changed your all browsers’ settings, it means that there is a browser hijacker inside the computer. It has also developed search.newtabtvsearch.com, Search.searchinsocial.com, and many other search engines. We always advise you to use the built-in bookmarking function of you browsers if you want quick access to certain preferred sites. web address has However, it’s main purpose is to promote websites of its affiliates and make people visit them on a daily routine.Download Removal Toolto remove Search.softsurf.xyz
Search.softsurf.xyz tends to be installed together with free music players, video players or recorders, download managers and so on. Such distribution is known as ‘bundling’. For those reasons Search.softsurf.xyz. This is exactly why you should not use this rogue website to look for information online – instead of showing relevant search results, Search.softsurf.xyz hijacker displays infected ones. However, if you did not install the My Television XP Software yourself, it had to infiltrate your computer silently. As we have already mentioned, it replaces the previous homepage and new tab page with Search.softsurf.xyz, seeking to convince the user to search the web via it.
How can I install this browser hijacker?
Most of the search engines produce search results with links that are originating from unreliable third-party sources. It not only causes pop-up and in-text ads to be displayed while you browse the Internet but also mix promoted links with the search results. Nevertheless, full system check with a reliable anti-malware is recommended in order to find and remove all PUPs or malicious apps. This way Search.softsurf.xyz can be downloaded and installed automatically. Therefore, it is very likely that users download and install Search.softsurf.xyz on their computers when they download freeware from file-sharing sites. YAC (can also be found as Yet Another Cleaner) that is mostly presented as a powerful anti-virus. You can use a free online scanner, too, as long as you find it reputable enough.
So here is what you need to do if you are ready to tackle this browser hijacker manually: In addition, it is recommended to reset browsers to default because untrustworthy extensions could have been added to the add-ons list on your browsers. If you find it difficult to replace, it is clear this is a browser hijacker. Some versions of this hijacker install software that blocks browser settings from changing. For avoiding that, you should remember that this can be done just by choosing Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware. You can also get rid of this program manually if you so desire.Download Removal Toolto remove Search.softsurf.xyz
How can I remove this potentially unwanted application from my PC?
Many hijackers and adware like wonderfulsearches virus install some of their components as regular windows programs as well as additional software. Chrome users can breathe easier, since this hijacker is not supported by it. There are many anti-spyware and anti-malware programs you can use, but we suggest using Anti-Malware Tool. However, we recommend that you remove the toolbar using a reliable spyware removal tool, and our advice is to use Anti-Malware Tool. Subsidiary software can only be seen when performing advanced/custom installation processes. However, the nightmare may still not be over, since there could be other infections as well. for searches, you will get a lot of sponsored results that are not relevant to your search queries, so you will waste your time this way.
Manual Search.softsurf.xyz Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Search.softsurf.xyz and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Search.softsurf.xyz from your browsers
Remove Search.softsurf.xyz from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Search.softsurf.xyz from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Search.softsurf.xyz from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action