HOW CAN I AVOID Search.scalableunit.com?
Search.scalableunit.com is a search engine, which belongs to potentially unwanted program’s (PUP) category. One hijacker that is known to be quite active nowadays goes by the name of Search.scalableunit.com (also known as Search.scalableunit.com Virus) and must be terminated at the very same time that it is discovered on your personal computer. Our research shows that the program is a rather old hijacker that may be out of business already, but it does not mean that it cannot reemerge sometime again. Search.scalableunit.com browser hijacker, as all of its kinsmen belonging to hijackware family, is regarded as a PUP – a potentially unwanted program. Have you already found this software useless? Browsers that start displaying disturbing content are the following:
We recommend running a full system scan with a reputable anti-malware program, like Anti-Malware Tool or StopZilla to eliminate Search.scalableunit.com virus automatically. This infection has been spotted to make modifications to users’ browsers without receiving an appropriate consent. If aforementioned browser’s settings have already been modified, you should be worried because it’s a clear sign that your PC was affected by this hijacker. If you would fall for any of these ads and would click any of them without thinking, you could be redirected to a suspicious and unknown website. These search results are placed at the top and they have a small label “Ads related to [keyword]“.
How to get rid of Search.scalableunit.com redirects?
It is always recommended to get rid of Search.scalableunit.com and similar hijackers, adwares and other PUPs automatically because they may have various registries. Thus, you cannot uninstall it via Control Panel. What is more, Search.scalableunit.com virus can collect information about your browsing habits and send it to the third parties which can use it for marketing in the future. Since those website have their own privacy policies, you should keep in mind that Object Browser does not take responsibility for your actions. Beware of unfamiliar and suspicious sites that have anything to do with third-party advertising because one click on the wrong ad could drop a bundle of malware threats onto your system or open malicious pages.
1stBrowser is a rogue web browser which has been reported to incorporate Search.scalableunit.com browser hijacker into its installer. My start page and default search engine were hijacked by Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list and uninstall it from there. The toolbar may provide you with some real value, but keeping it you also risk exposing your PC to various cyber threats. No matter that these programs are marked as recommended, in the majority of cases, they appear to be useless and annoying.
What signs do reveal Search.scalableunit.com hijack?
To help you weed out all of the poisonous bushes on your path, select anti-malware tools like Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or Anti-Malware Tool. A lot of users often skip installation steps without even looking what they say and just hit the “Next” button till the installation is complete. However, the longer this application remains on your computer, the more its creators will know about you. Check out the guide below on how to Search.scalableunit.com mysafesearch. It will also protect your computer from similar infections in the future, so it’s worth to keep it installed. It is never safe to keep an application on board that does not or only partly functions.
Manual Search.scalableunit.com Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Search.scalableunit.com and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Search.scalableunit.com from your browsers
Remove Search.scalableunit.com from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Search.scalableunit.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Search.scalableunit.com from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action