How to avoid installing Search.connectedtask.com hijacker?
If you have noticed that your computer is infected with this malware but you don’t know how to get rid of it, you have come to the right place. It is mainly introduced to computer users who live in Turkey, Egypt and other Middle East countries. Although you can avoid additional downloads that can come with the main one, often users skip many steps of installation just to make it quicker and this way programs like Search.connectedtask.com are installed automatically. It immediately assigns Search.connectedtask.com as a default search engine and homepage of the infected browser and from this point on, the situation only gets worse. The developers of this browser hijacker earn money by showing advertisements and increasing traffic to their sites.
Search.connectedtask.com can be installed manually from its ‘official’ website or in a bundle with other programs. This infection is mostly distributed via third-party advertisements, such as banners and pop-ups. Take note that it should also replace Chrome’s new tab page address, but that varies with each case and is subject to the user’s browser setup. However, since these pop-ups appear on third party websites, they do not distribute the real upgrades. The more users visit pages belonging to third parties, the more money the developer of this threat earns. Search.connectedtask.com virus.
How can I install a browser hijacker on my computer?
So every time you launch your browser, you are being redirected to Search.connectedtask.com. That is why users should be extremely careful about installing freeware. Cookies are normally not malicious as they usually collect non-personally identifiable information that refers to browsers, browsing history, your interaction with ads and provided links, etc. The worst part is that third parties – who are not disclosed – might have access to this data, and that is the last thing you need. The clearest sign, showing that this program is inside your computer, is its appearance on all web browsers that are installed on the system. First of all, you should get used to choosing “Custom” installation rather than “Recommended” settings. In some instances, users allow a setup of some potentially harmful application to take place because they skim through the whole procedure.
As you can see the removal of Search.connectedtask.com is essential and should not be delayed since this devious search engine imposes some major virtual security risks. Go to ‘Uninstall a Program’ or ‘Add/Remove Programs’ and choose ‘Uninstall’ button if you see DnsBasic or similar entries in the list. To avoid such unwanted activity, once you notice that your web browser has been hijacked, you should install Anti-Malware Tool and remove Search.connectedtask.com extension with its help. That’s why you should think about automatic Search.connectedtask.com removal. Then, if you notice that the selected application is suggesting to install additional programs, be judgmental and decline these seemingly beneficial offers.Download Removal Toolto remove Search.connectedtask.com
How can I remove Search.connectedtask.com Toolbar virus?
Manual Search.connectedtask.com Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Search.connectedtask.com and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Search.connectedtask.com from your browsers
Remove Search.connectedtask.com from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Search.connectedtask.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Search.connectedtask.com from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action