Why should you avoid Package Tracker Guru?
If you are seeing Package Tracker Guru as your homepage and search engine on each of your web browsers, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer, there is not doubt that your browser has been hijacked. It enters computers without users’ consent and makes changes in the settings of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and some other browsers. Once there, it changes your homepage and default search engine to Package Tracker Guru and interferes into users’ browsing. We especially recommend that if you have no idea where it came on your computer from. When you install it, the hijacker takes over the New Tab.
Package Tracker Guru attacks computers that are located in Romania. It can be downloaded either from it’s official site, or from any other download website. In other words, the publisher of this toolbar might modify it. Our researchers warn that this program could potentially collect sensitive and confidential information as well, which is something you need to keep in mind. Clicking on such pop-ups will eventually lead to adware installation, and keep in mind that with a bundled download Package Tracker Guru will not be the only unwanted program that enters your computer. That is because the founders of these sites can be closely-related with Package Tracker Guru browser hijacker, which is paid to prioritize their links.
HOW TO STOP Package Tracker Guru virus?
Some users do not understand how they downloaded Package Tracker Guru without realizing it. It will ensure all the remains of Package Tracker Guru are removed as well as any viruses that might have infected your system while this browser hijacker was active. Likewise, when you hit the “Install” button, Package Tracker Guru browser hijacker sneaked into the system as well. Of course, this would take time, and, if extremely malicious threats are active, you should not waste any time. But you may also be exposed to ads that claim to be software updaters or downloaders trying to convince you that that is exactly what you need right away.
Look Safe Search removal:
If you have some questions regarding this topic, feel free to ask them in the comments section below. Always choose Custom or Advanced installation and follow every step attentively. If it finds one – it automatically demolishes it. However, not all users notice that their homepage is about to be changed. But why would you leave such a useless application on board? Unfortunately, it may also collect approximate PC’s location, email address or even IP address.
Manual Package Tracker Guru Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Package Tracker Guru and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Package Tracker Guru from your browsers
Remove Package Tracker Guru from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Package Tracker Guru from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Package Tracker Guru from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action