What is OperativeToolView? and How to remove it?
OperativeToolView looks like most of other search providers. It imitates system scan and reports a variety of infections. OperativeToolView falls into the category of browser hijackers because it changes the homepage, New Tab page, and default search engine on all the browsers it finds installed on the computer without asking for permission to do that. Beware that they If you have noticed that your regular search page was replaced with OperativeToolView.com and it shows up every time you restart your browser, it means it was hijacked. Antivir Solution Pro is only the one version of the scam which is offered on OperativeToolView.
OperativeToolView should enter the system with a browser extension called iCoupon Clipper. You can open those websites by typing the URL into the address bar of your browser, so you definitely do not need to keep OperativeToolView installed. Our research team has found that this hijacker is identical to such infamous hijackers as Start.mysearchs.com, Golsearch.com, and Enhanced-search.com that also must be OperativeToolViewd. This you can control if you choose a Custom installation and follow the installation steps very carefully. they get automatically redirected to OperativeToolView browser hijacker. Parasites are playing dirty and making sure that their competitors would not have the chance to provide services. In other words, you should get rid of this unreliable search engine and use a well-known and trusted one instead. So when your PC is infected with OperativeToolView browser extension, you will see no difference, if you have already been using Bing as your default search engine.
When did OperativeToolView hijack happen?
Let’s not forget annoying advertising campaigns that can be held on your computer screen and disrupt your online sessions. OperativeToolView, you must leave this site immediately. Once you get redirected to a potentially unreliable domain, a couple unfortunate scenarios might happen. Usually, it spreads as an attachment of other freewares, what means that it may easily be skipped unnoticed and installed by accident. Avoid Quick or Basic installation mode because it may hide check boxes including various additional installers and install various adwares and PUPs automatically. Therefore, whenever you decide to install a freeware on your computer, monitor its installation from the beginning till the end.
You may have already known that visiting porno domains, free gaming or gambling sites is not the best idea that you can come up with. This search website offers you a number of easy access links apart from the web search feature. Usually it takes over Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Therefore, we would like to give you some tips how to avoid getting such unwanted components and browse the web safely. Make sure you eliminate it from all of your browsers.
What options do I have for removal of this browser hijacker? Which of them are approved?
In case you have failed to opt out of OperativeToolView virus, then you should take needed actions and get rid of it right now. It is not surprising that many users do not notice its infiltration. Each category contains five linked keywords. Even though such information is not personal, it may be used for misleading pop-ups or even email spamming. A manual removal is also possibility to consider if you are familiar with the way it works. If thoroughly following instructions is not your strength, then, install an anti-spyware program.
Manual OperativeToolView Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall OperativeToolView and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove OperativeToolView from your browsers
Remove OperativeToolView from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete OperativeToolView from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall OperativeToolView from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action