Why you should remove MainSearchPlatform virus from your PC?
In reality, this program Careful users take their time to analyze the software they desire, and they weigh all pros and cons. used for promoting affiliate websites and third parties that control them. Unfortunately, once installed it sets MainSearchPlatform as a default start page, search provider, and a new tab window without leaving you a possibility to reset the settings. Do not let this new website fool you – it is not a legitimate search provider even though its interface suggests that it can be trusted. As you probably understand now, search engines that look trustworthy are not necessarily very good.
Research has shown that MainSearchPlatform browser hijacker targets users living in China primarily, so the web page itself is in Chinese. The user complaints that about the changed homepage and default search engine or that every attempt to connect to the Internet using usual legitimate browsers, ends with the www.removethreats.com/download website loading on their computer screens. It displays a pop-up stating that you installed HD Radio Player new tab. In order to prevent infiltration of browser hijacker, you should always avoid malicious and illegal websites, spam, freeware, shareware and similar downloads. A daylight robbery, strictly speaking. In addition, you have to opt-out all notifications that warn you about additional downloads. All of these problems are quite common even if you aren to infected.
Do you know how did this PUP enter your system?
When installing MainSearchPlatform via the Chrome web store, the user is introduced to a pop-up that represents the add-on’s permissions. Typically, people can prevent its infiltration by unchecking the check box that says ‘I agree to make MainSearchPlatform my homepage’ and similar. is very similar to AVG anti-virus, which has also been noticed for its ability to That does not sound too bad, now does it? For example, the suspicious ads may redirect you to sites spreading other browser hijackers and threats alike, malicious software, or web pages asking to participate in fake lotteries, and so on. The safest, easiest and quickest way is to use special antimalware tools like Anti-Malware Tool, Adwcleaner or Anti-Malware Tool Anti-Malware. This recorded data is afterwards delivered over to 3rd parties.
The collected material might be transferred for completely analytical and educational purposes. You should not use this misleading search engine as it only delivers altered Yahoo search results, infected with hyperlinks leading users to sponsors’ web pages. Remove MainSearchPlatform right away using a reliable virus-fighting utility, such as Anti-Malware Tool or Anti-Malware Tool Anti Malware. If you are going for the automatic removal of this extension, you should acquire a reliable scanner first. For example, the news and local weather pages are typically ones that you should never check because these can display several questionable third-party ads.
How can you remove MainSearchPlatform?
Pay very close attention to the installation process. Luckily, MainSearchPlatform is not some aggressive threat that hooks deep into your system. Before any of that happens, you need to MainSearchPlatform from your system. Therefore, we recommend that you MainSearchPlatform this application from your PC as soon as you can. Also, you can check this by selecting Advanced or Custom installation mode and removing tick signs next to agreements to install ‘recommended downloads.’ As you can see, all you need to do in order to avoid installing bundled software is to pay attention to every statement that is presented to you during the installation process.Download Removal Toolto remove MainSearchPlatform
Manual MainSearchPlatform Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall MainSearchPlatform and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove MainSearchPlatform from your browsers
Remove MainSearchPlatform from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete MainSearchPlatform from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall MainSearchPlatform from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action