General information about MacCleanBooster hijacker:
To remove MacCleanBooster, run a full system scan with a reputable anti-malware program, like Anti-Malware Tool or StopZilla. Specialists know it better as a browser hijacker because it usually shows up on users’ browsers without permission. The malicious website impersonates Microsoft Windows XP “My Computer” view. if you have noticed that your browser’s homepage has been replaced with this website – it is a sign that MacCleanBooster browser hijacker has slithered into your computer. This notification looks more reliable when user notice that faked alert mentions possible remote access of certain folders on your computer.
The primary goal of MacCleanBooster is to promote rogue anti-spyware programs. It replaces the most popular search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing. By exploiting WMI, the malicious MacCleanBooster hijacker – which is also known as the WMI Hijacker – can ensure that it is reinstalled even after you MacCleanBooster it from your browser’s homepage. Unfortunately, quite a few users are not aware of that. Don’t fall into believing everything what is reported on MacCleanBooster. The second alternative is not harmful, but people should not want to financially support crooks to produce more and more similar sites. That is why you should closely check every single program that you want to install.
I did not set this web page as my homepage. How did MacCleanBooster hijack my web browser?
MacCleanBooster was noticed to come bundled with several players, PDF creators and other freeware that is downloaded every day by users from all over the world. Our researchers highly advise you to check your operating system for other devious programs if you already have this hijacker fully active on your PC. Deselect any pre-checked boxes that indicate about installations of unknown programs, like MacCleanBooster virus. It is very common of browser hijackers to travel together with freeware, but, of course, they might pair with other untrustworthy applications too. After voluntarily installing the extension, you give the permission for it to collect the following aspects of your identity:
MacCleanBooster removal guide is given down below. This app is bundled with the hijacker. bundling. They jump into every opportunity to download a free program without reviewing the terms of such decision. NOTE: If you do not think that you could ensure your system’s maximum protection all alone, you should enable security software on your computer. The answer is simple; If you don’t feel like a well-prepared PC user, you should remove MacCleanBooster with the help of anti-spyware. manually by your own. Moreover, do not accept to install additional components, such as add-ons, plug-ins, toolbars or extensions if you want to keep your browsing secure.
How can I remove MacCleanBooster virus from my PC?
If you decide to eliminate MacCleanBooster, we can suggest a couple of methods. web browsers. Why? However, if you have never dealt with similar computer threats before, we recommend you to scan your computer with anti-spyware software and remove MacCleanBooster virus automatically. Such program is called Browser Protect, Sprotect or similar. Be careful – web sites promoted via PUPs can be insecure. If you do not want to let more infections onto your PC or end up sharing your personally identifiable information and banking details with cyber criminals posing as an online shop, you should MacCleanBooster right now.
Manual MacCleanBooster Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall MacCleanBooster and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove MacCleanBooster from your browsers
Remove MacCleanBooster from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete MacCleanBooster from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall MacCleanBooster from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action