Why you should remove Initiator virus
If you are experiencing these issues, you should not ignore them. Although you can download this toolbar from its official website, most of the times it comes to computers uninvited, bundled with a variety of free software. Reportedly, it usually affects Mac users; This browser hijacker is very similar to Initiator virus, which was spreading around for more than a year. very suspicious browser Therefore, you may not know for sure whether the results your are looking at are genuine or just trying to lure you into clicking on them.
Initiator can easily attack poorly protected computers. Besides, such viruses may also come on your computer together with other malicious programs, such as malware or ransomware. These software installers usually contain more than one application, so if you recently installed a free program from a freeware distributing site, then that is how you got Initiator on your browser. In fact the program is trying to collect better traffic for these pages. They may seem safe and sound, providing only useful information but all of the toolbars for web browsers, various maid services and many other offers are made so the Initiator can gain benefits from the user’s clicks.
Why using Initiator is not a good idea?
Fortunately, detecting this hijacker is easy. Moreover, you cannot be guaranteed Initiator virus is only advertising pages that are safe to visit. Follow these instructions and you should have no trouble removing this trespasser from your computer. Beware that it can also redirect you potentially dangerous websites where you can get your system infected. Do not brush away the idea that such domain might be secretly enhanced with malignant files and programs. If your computer is infected with other similar viruses it will detect and remove them too.
If eliminating viruses manually does not sound intimidating to you and seems more like a challenge, we have some good news. However, as you may have already understood, it can hardly improve your browsing experience. Beware that removal is the only way to prevent malicious ads and redirects on your computer that are caused by this search engine. In most of the cases, hijackers are capable of altering these settings without being noticed, so you can notice Initiator redirects at the worst time. Under those add-ons, browser hijackers and adware might hide. manual removal guide to assist you – scroll down below this article and check it out.
What happens when Initiator becomes a default search engine?
Initiator virus belongs to the category of applications that are typically bundled with other programs which are the main installers and the apps like Initiator are only the additional ones. You need to know that whenever you send a keyword to this engine, it will redirect you to a modified Yahoo search results page that could contain unreliable content, such as unsafe third-party ads and links. However, you can also use a trustworthy antimalware tool, especially if you want to clean the system from other possible threats. A manual removal is always an option to be selected, but we would advice to seriously consider the first one.
Manual Initiator Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Initiator and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Initiator from your browsers
Remove Initiator from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Initiator from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Initiator from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action