What is WS?
If you have already clicked on it, we highly recommend scanning your computer with a reputable anti-spyware and look for other potentially unwanted programs that may be hiding on your computer and eliminate them all as soon as possible. It is supposed to display various coupons, commercial offers, deals and enhance your online shopping this way. on your browser By the way, some of such ads may also try to mislead you into thinking that your Adobe Flash Player or similar application is outdated. As soon as it infiltrates the system, ExtendedLibrary hijacks each of your browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) and starts convincing people to click on one of its ads.
Furthermore, ExtendedLibrary may collect your personal information, such as browsing history, most often visited sites, IP address or search queries. You may be tricked into downloading Arcade Yum, Rocket Tab, Record Page and other potentially unwanted programs to your computer. Free programs, such as download managers or PDF creators, that are promoted on suspicious-looking websites are very frequently bundled with third party advertisements. For all these reasons, it is recommended to remove ExtendedLibrary if it was installed to your computer without your intentions. Secondly, this dubious extension may use a distribution method that is called bundling. To be more precise, various browser extensions, toolbars, add-ons, or plug-ins are attached to the main installer of a freeware.
How can this program hijack my computer?
There are many scam websites which are promoted by programs such as ExtendedLibrary and the ones mentioned above. suspicious programs on your computer. when you download and install some software from the Internet for free, there is a chance that ExtendedLibrary will be installed alongside. however, it is known that they might be interested in personal information as well. Follow the steps of the guide provided below, to learn how to detect the adware and eliminate it from your computer.
On top of that, if you have ExtendedLibrary installed on your system, it also means that there are more unwanted applications, such as eTranslator or Torrent Search running on your computer as well. The instructions will help you uninstall the program; If you recall installing a new audio converter, then the PUP might have been installed along. This process can be complicated, thus we have developed a special step-by-step It has been found that it tends to spread bundled with other freewares and sharewares. It might be case that you voluntarily downloaded such application after you believed it to be user-friendly. Unfortunately, but those advertisements can be filled with questionable data, so make sure that you avoid ExtendedLibrary redirects.
Removing this adware program is easy!
Hopefully, you see now that you need to act and act fast if you want to avoid any scenario that might end bad for you. Unfortunately, it was noticed that in some cases some leftovers were noticed even after manual removal was successfully executed. However, when it comes together with other freeware, this might be tricky. Make use of this opportunity. If you skip this step, most likely these programs will be added automatically. None of your queries will be left unanswered.
Manual ExtendedLibrary Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall ExtendedLibrary and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove ExtendedLibrary from your browsers
Remove ExtendedLibrary from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete ExtendedLibrary from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall ExtendedLibrary from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action