Should I trust Connection-protect.com search?
We should also add that this potentially unwanted program is also capable of hijacking each of popular web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. You should not think that the search results it brings are safe. It is usually added to free video players, video recorders, PDF creators. Specialists at 2virusremoval.com say that you should not keep search engines which are not 100% reliable. What we have to warn you about is that if you do not Connection-protect.com the suspicious search tool right away, you could be exposed to unreliable content. Connection-protect.com is one of dozens web sources that distributes Antivirus2009 malware.Download Removal Toolto remove Connection-protect.com
Connection-protect.com is deemed to be a browser hijacker. This can include promotion of applications, software, links or other content. All programs that belong to this category are unpopular among Internet users and security experts due to unwanted modifications of default settings on web browsers, returning irrelevant search results and other issues. Unfortunately, this search engine is not liable for the content published on such websites. similar Russian domains are all around us. If you want to avoid this, always select Advanced or Custom installation and follow the process with extreme carefulness.
How did this PUP hijack your computer system?
It is important to point that programs like Connection-protect.com are programmed to record your browsing activities. Otherwise, you will not be able to browse the Internet without interruptions, redirections and other annoying things going on. Usually, Connection-protect.com collaborates with its partners via the pay-per-click advertising system – the more Internet users Connection-protect.com redirects to its sponsors’ websites, the more money Connection-protect.com earns. For instance, it could sound like the plugin can convert files on its own, when in fact, it works rather differently.
Aside from displaying unreliable search results, Connection-protect.com also collects sensitive information for marketing purposes. It is recommended to uninstalling ALL programs installed on the same date as problems have appeared. At the moment of writing, it supports Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari and other popular web browsers, except Microsoft Edge. Our specialists say to settle on the system the browser hijacker may change specific data created by the browser. Even if this site uses the Google search engine, you have to realize that the results have been customized according to your web browsing habits, pushing associated and sponsored content to the top of the results list.Download Removal Toolto remove Connection-protect.com
HOW CAN I REMOVE Connection-protect.com PAGERAGE virus?
Do not let Connection-protect.com virus influence the quality of your browsing, and uninstall it from your computer. Not only it doesn’t allow you to browse regularly but it may also breach your privacy and lead to security related issues. As already mentioned at the beginning of this article, you can also do it If you have successfully downloaded a free app and ran the Setup Wizard, make sure to always pick advanced/custom modes. If you want to get rid of this search engine then Connection-protect.com the browser extension that manages Yeadesktop.com, change the homepage address and fix the target line. Keep in mind that the hijacker might have installed additional files, so you need to be very careful when following the elimination guidelines.
Manual Connection-protect.com Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Connection-protect.com and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Connection-protect.com from your browsers
Remove Connection-protect.com from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Connection-protect.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Connection-protect.com from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action