What you should know about Capita Search hijacker:
Research revealed Capita Search (also known as Capita Search Virus) is just another browser hijacker from an unreliable company known as Polarity Technologies Ltd. If this has happened to you, then you should Capita Search this malicious search engine because it is not a browser hijacker without reason. In reality, Capita Search is yet another browser hijacker that belongs to ‘SaferBrowser’ family of browser hijackers (involves search.mytelevisionxp.com, search.mysportsxp.com, It claims to deliver search results based by Yahoo. People decide to keep this search tool because it looks quite beneficial. Instead of waiting for user approval, Capita Search clicks the Yes button and checks the Always checkbox. To delete Movie Capita Search Search once and for all without encountering major problems, use the detailed instructions that we present below this article.
At first sight, Capita Search looks like a completely harmless search tool. Most of the free programs commonly suggest installing a few bonus programs or browser extensions alongside them, but we recommend you not to do that since these hidden additions usually are nothing but useless programs that display ads or cause web redirects. The domain of this virus quickly corrupts browsers and rearranges the preferences of the infected users. Although most users trust the results shown via this engine, we do not recommend it because Capita Search uses it to showcase sponsored links and advertisements. After doing a little bit of research, we have found that this company specializes in market research and surveys.
How did Capita Search hijack your machine and why you do not know nothing about it?
We have found that it can gather non-personally identifiable information about you and use it to modify the ad campaign that would generate more advertising revenue. It is a browser plug-in, which places Capita Search.com start page, new tab page and default search engine in user’s browsers. Nevertheless, full system check with a reliable anti-malware is recommended in order to find and remove all PUPs or malicious apps. Such actvity brings material profit to them. Plus, Capita Search can send you pop-up ads, too.
This is a rather intrusive search engine as not only does it alter your browser settings, but it also modifies the desktop shortcuts of your browsers, namely, the “famous” Target lines. The free software may encompass almost anything – media players, PDF creators, download managers, etc. It is important that you remove all other programs installed with the hijacker, as some of them might redownload or reset back browser settings. Needless to say, we advise against its usage and believe it is safer to Capita Search it. Therefore, you can look through and deselect any unwanted program that tries to infiltration your computer in a bundle with freeware. You can either do it automatically or manually, depending on your abilities and preferences.
Fact 3. The removal of a PUP is not a hard task.
Our research shows that this browser hijacker is identical to Search.searchlttrn.com, Search.yourpackagesnow.com, and Search.yourmapscenter.com. These automatic tools will delete this rogue app together with its additional files and registry entries. Software bundle looks like a single program; Would you like to find yourself on an unsafe website after clicking one of My Social Hub Xp ads? Follow the guide below and remove Capita Search if it has already taken over any of your browsers. Also don’t allow making any changes in your settings that you are not sure about.
Manual Capita Search Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Capita Search and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Capita Search from your browsers
Remove Capita Search from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Capita Search from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Capita Search from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action