What is Fast ArchimedesWebLookup?
Nowadays no one would fancy the idea of living without Internet-related services and products. Once installed, it replaces your homepage and sets your search provider to search.yahoo.com. You should not use this website, because instead of reaching most relevant domains, you might end up in highly infected web pages. If you were redirected to such fake virus scanner, close your web browser immediately and do not download or install any removal tools from such bogus scanners. With the help of these additional programs, the hijacker can bounce back to your browser even after deleting the infectious program from your computer. Second of all, such modifications should not be tolerated. We advise you not to take any risks with ArchimedesWebLookup and conduct its complete removal as soon as it is found active on your computer.
It is recommended to remove ArchimedesWebLookup using a reliable anti-malware program, for example, Anti-Malware Tool or StopZilla. In addition, you may start suffering from continuous pop-up ads, in-text ads, banners and similar content while browsing on the web. In order to avoid this search engine or previous its versions (Websearch.greatresults.info, Websearch.pu-results.info, Websearch.helpmefindyour.info, etc.) that can easily take over the homepage and default search engine, you should always choose Custom or Advanced installation process of the freeware. Moreover, ArchimedesWebLookup hijacker might track your browsing history, downloads, bookmarks, searches and other browsing related information, which is going to be shared with third-party applications later.
How does it spread?
We have found that ArchimedesWebLookup is set to replace the homepage address of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. This happens because the purpose of this hijacker is to advertise commercial websites and increase their traffic. Otherwise, you risk infecting your computer with questionable programs that MIGHT cause harm for your computer. Later it can send this data to third parties and attack you with personalized ads. We strongly recommend you to use a reliable search engine such as Google or Bing, but before you set one of these as a default one, you must remove ArchimedesWebLookup virus from your computer.
Recent malware studies have shown that ArchimedesWebLookup redirect virus is fully active on thousands of computers. We recommend that you install Anti-Malware Tool because it can easily eliminate the unwanted application and protect the system against many other computer threats. Be very careful and if ArchimedesWebLookup attempts to place you in jeopardy, react fast to successfully remove it. If you are wondering how you can avoid such surprises, we have the answer for you. According to malware analysts, this search engine typically uses tracking cookies and monitors what websites the user is visiting, what attracts his/her attention, what it the IP address of a target PC, where is it located, and so on.
ArchimedesWebLookup removal options
ArchimedesWebLookup often appears to be an additional install to free installation packages. When in use, this method relies on various freeware and shareware that is typically presented as a very useful software. however, it is time-consuming. Employ these tools to scan your device and clean it from malware, as well as to secure your machine in the future. However, you should keep in mind that removing all files associated with this hijacker is essential. search virus We have provided Anti-Malware Tool’s download link and manual removal instructions as well. Always choose Custom or Advanced installation when getting new programs and never agree to change your homepage or search provider to unknown websites like ArchimedesWebLookup or anything similar to that.
Manual ArchimedesWebLookup Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall ArchimedesWebLookup and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove ArchimedesWebLookup from your browsers
Remove ArchimedesWebLookup from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete ArchimedesWebLookup from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall ArchimedesWebLookup from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action