Net Format Boost virus: peculiar browser hijacker
Net Format Boost is a browser hijacker that can affect Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If your homepage was recently replaced with Net Format Boost.com, your browser has also been affected. In any case, no matter under what circumstances you received this search tool we still advise you to consider its removal. This is the application that delivers Net Format Boost to Internet users. You may not even recognize this infiltration and additional configurations that will be definitely made by this scam. All the applications promoted on these websites are fraudulent. The news section will be powered by news.google.co.il.
From the outset, it is important to note that this supposedly legitimate search engine was set up by a company called Imali Media, a company that is in the web monetization business. That means you tend to visit illegal domains, use illegal software, open spam and do other unwise things. As soon as Net Format Boost toolbar infiltrates the system, you may notice not only a new toolbar installed on each of your web browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari), but also replace your default start page, search provider and a new tab with trovi.com. You can also try eliminating it manually, using a tutorial provided below.
How to remove Net Format Boost from the system?
If you want to protect yourself and avoid unwanted programs and activities that can be caused by them, you should stop downloading programs without checking them first. It has been noted spreading around via download managers, PDF creators, media players, games, and other software promoted both via doubtful sources and reliable third-party websites, including Softonic, Soft32, Cnet, and so on. Not always the webpage you are forced to visit is worthy of your trust. If you are thinking about keeping the potentially unfamiliar search tools running, we suggest that you research them before making the final decision. This is why we suggest that you scan your computer with a proper malware scanner to identify all possible sources of threats after you delete Net Format Boost, of course. from there. We do not trust Net Format Boost fully because we believe that it might present users with sponsored search results like MyInterestXP and MyTelevisionXP applications.
You can find the manual removal instructions of Net Format Boost below. As we have already mentioned, we think that you should void this program. That is why it is recommended to remove Net Format Boost virus from your browsers as soon as you notice it there. You are recommended to select advanced/custom modes for installations and unmark all of the additional programs that might be getting access to your PC. New tab or even window wit advertisement on it can be opened on your web browser at any time as well. The ads may redirect you to web pages that contain malicious software or other threats.
How to remove Net Format Boost browser hijacker for good?
The main website for Net Format Boost can be access at zoo.com. To avoid that, pay more attention to what you are downloading from the Internet and follow the installation steps of your new downloads more carefully. If you want to try manual removal, you should find a guide that is given below and perform each step in a right sequence. However, if, for some reason, you do not want to use any antivirus software, there is also a manual approach to the removal of this hijacker. If you don’t follow the installation steps of your new downloads and accept any Terms and Agreements without even looking through them, you can skip this option and apply the change unintentionally.Download Removal Toolto remove Net Format Boost
Manual Net Format Boost Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Net Format Boost and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Net Format Boost from your browsers
Remove Net Format Boost from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Net Format Boost from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Net Format Boost from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action