Main facts about zShowHelp virus:
zShowHelp is a free browser extension published by Conduit. If unfortunately, it is already up and running on your personal computer, you must perform its complete removal as soon as possible. If that was not sufficient, zShowHelp may serve as a springboard for the most threatening of malware infiltration. From the first glimpse, you may find this search site just like Google, Bing or Yahoo. Specialists working at 2virusremoval.com are ready to find out how it does that. The only way to prevent zShowHelp redirects and exposing your computer to various cyber threats, you should avoid making searches with it and start its removal process ASAP.
zShowHelp is a browser hijacker that looks like most of other search engines, however, it doesn’t work the same way as most of the popular search engines do. If you want to avoid redirections to this site, make sure you avoid unlicensed programs and also pay more attention to freeware’s installation. Probably, the best option would be to get a legitimate antimalware tool and scan your system with it. Just follow the steps depending on which of your browsers have been affected. Even if you were involved into something illegal, you would be told about it using other methods such as sending a written notice.
How did zShowHelp enter my system if I did not give my permission for it?
A browser hijacker would not be a browser hijacker if it would not change your homepage without your permission. This way the program breaches your privacy. This is why it replaces your previously-set homepage with its own search engine and sets it as your New Tab page as well. mainly because it is well-known and trusted. 3rd parties crave for it as to make personalized offers later. Furthermore, this plug-in utilizes tracking tools to track your activities while you are online. If you do so, it could no longer gather information about you as well.
Step 1. Reset DNS Servers or change them to 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 . Pick your favorite links and add them to your browser’s bookmark bar, so you can easily access them whenever you want without thinking about the risks that could come with using zShowHelp. However, if you have not dealt with virus elimination before, the whole zShowHelp removal process may seem quite intimidating. You can refuse to install additional software by selecting Advanced or Custom installation mode and deselecting additional applications added to your preferred software. At some cases, the data being distributed might be participating in such strategies as infecting people with malware or tracking cookies.
How to eliminate this browser hijacker from your computer:
In the event that you click a malicious pop-up ad that downloads Get Sports on your browser, then zShowHelp will be set as your web browser’s homepage. In fact, zShowHelp has the capability to modify your search results even though it redirects your queries to a search.yahoo.com page. Of course, if the process seems too complicated for you to handle the browser hijacker on your own, it might be best if you use a reliable antimalware tool instead. zShowHelp my start page’ or ‘Make zShowHelp, you should scan your PC with updated anti-spyware That is why we recommend you to change your habits of installing a new program.
Manual zShowHelp Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall zShowHelp and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove zShowHelp from your browsers
Remove zShowHelp from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete zShowHelp from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall zShowHelp from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action