websearch.fixsearch.info is a search engine that can replace your home page and default search provider in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. These changes are made by a so-called browser hijackers, which is distributed with free software, such as browser add-ons, media players, system optimization programs, and other software programs. The the chances are that you will find the installer of this browser hijacker when surf unsafe Web site or click on an advertisement encouraging you to download a new program or update your Java player or Internet browser. It is highly desirable to ignore such recommendations and keep your computer protected because there are many browser hijackers identical to this one, which we call websearch.fixsearch.info. If you have changed the settings unintentionally, you must remove websearch.fixsearch.info from the computer as soon as you can.
websearch.fixsearch.info belongs to a group of browser hijackers that promote the same search engine, which include Web search. oversearch. info, Web search. searchiseasy. info, Web search. polyurethane-esult. information, and many other search providers.
The websearch.fixsearch.info browser hijacker can install browser extensions to Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. The name of the extensions vary; you can find MySearch 2. 1, SearcNewTab or SNT. Moreover, each of the names may contain some additional, unnecessary letters.
We recommend that you remove websearch.fixsearch.info from the computer as soon as you can because websearch.fixsearch.info is an advertising-supported search engine. Every time you open your hijacked browser, you are provided with some startup advertising. A new ads is generated each time you load the page, and you should keep in mind that these ads are sent from certain servers hosting ads. websearch.fixsearch.info does not endorse these ads and has no control over their content and the activities of the sites linked to these sites. You use the search engine and interacting with their ads at your own risk. Bear in mind that websearch.fixsearch.info can be used by cyber criminals, and you may not know when you will be directed to some fraudulent Web sites. Hence, you should not hesitate to remove websearch.fixsearch.info from the Internet browser.
Below you will find instructions that should help you remove websearch.fixsearch.info from the computer but recommend that you rely on a reputable security tool. If you do not have any anti-malware program, it is high time you implement one because your insecure computer is susceptible to a variety of threats, including Trojan horses, browser hijackers, adware programs, rootkits, ransomware infections, and many other malicious programs. We recommend you to use SpyHunter because this security program is successfully treated with Websearch browser hijackers and can easily be removed websearch.fixsearch.info from the browser.
If you have any questions regarding the search engine or the removal process, feel free to leave a comment below.
Manual websearch.fixsearch.info Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall websearch.fixsearch.info and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove websearch.fixsearch.info from your browsers
Remove websearch.fixsearch.info from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete websearch.fixsearch.info from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall websearch.fixsearch.info from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action