How could Watch-video.net enter my system without my authorization?
Watch-video.net is a malicious program that can be installed to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Sounds nice? In order to prevent infiltration of this PUP, you should remember that it may be added to various third party programs. However, there are more that one distribution method used for spreading this app. It looks like “Watch-video.net” pop-up messages were designed entirely for Polish-speaking internet users. You might be especially confused if you install this program bundled with other advertising-supported programs that might show their own ads.
When infected with Watch-video.net virus, the computer starts to act sluggish, does not complete tasks as fast as it usually does, web browsers lag, besides, annoying web ads start to appear. Some of the programs using Watch-video.net advertisements are legitimate, however, other ones are installed without a user’s consent. In addition, choose only Custom or Advanced installation when downloading free programs from the Internet and uncheck check boxes that agree with the Installation of Watch-video.net and similar free additions. No matter how convincing it’s description may seem, keep in mind that it’s a misleading adware that is not only useless, but may also pose harm to your computer’s security. To learn more about this adware, keep on reading. As has already been mentioned in the first paragraph, users might notice that their browsers launch automatically every 33 minutes because changes are made on the computer by malicious software distributing Watch-video.net. If you want to avoid such potentially unwanted programs, you should always remember that you must check every installation window when installing something.
How can this adware hijack my computer system?
Watch-video.net ad-supported software mainly displays adverts of articles related to yellow journalism. That’s why it is considered to be a potentially unwanted program (PUP). However, all of them share the same goal – to redirect you to sponsored pages. In the installation process look for the list of all the potentially bundled programs and unmark any pre-marked options allowing additional installs. We did as the ‘‘representatives’’ of Microsoft told us to. So, in order to prevent its entrance, you should carefully monitor freeware’s installation process.
Be careful and try NOT to click on such ads. Coupon Matcher and any recently installed freeware from your computer: Furthermore, it was revealed that some adverts provided by Watch-video.net could contain redirect links. If you find such analysis too complicated, make sure to scan your operating system with a reliable antimalware tool once you have executed the manual removal. It will automatically detect and eliminate the virus just in a few seconds. Furthermore, Watch-video.net adjust their advertisements according to the collected information. When starting the installation process, opt for “Custom.” Afterward, watch out for any attachments. Do not accept it either, unless you are sure about the reliability of suggested websites.
How can I let Watch-video.net hijack my computer?
Furthermore, your confidentiality will be put to risk when Watch-video.net adware begins to gather your personal information. After the restart Watch-video.net will reinstall itself. usually are labeled with a slogan “Ads by Watch-video.net” or “Brought to you by Watch-video.net”. In case you are determined to remove Watch-video.net manually, use the below given instructions. Don’t forget to change your start page if it has been altered by this adware. It will also safeguard your system from various sorts of adware and viruses.
Manual Watch-video.net Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Watch-video.net and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Watch-video.net from your browsers
Remove Watch-video.net from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Watch-video.net from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Watch-video.net from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action