How can vFastExt Search hijack my computer?
vFastExt is another search engine, which has been reported for continuous redirections and altered search results to sponsored websites. The program comes bundled to other freeware and it can corrupt all common browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari. Once it does that, vFastExt appears instead of home page and default search engine. So, was your homepage on Firefox/Chrome browser modified illegally or was this done with your knowledge? Make sure to use the removal guide below to delete vFastExt in the easiest way. In the cyber security terms, such behavior is typical to the branch of clingy viruses called browser hijackers.
Remember that no matter how vFastExt virus manages to get inside your computer, you have to get rid of it as soon as possible. vFastExt manages to make it look like its fostered activity is actually beneficial to the user instead of being able to cause security issues and other inconveniences. What is more, the search results on vFastExt are not very accurate. The main alteration is of your default search engine. Moreover, vFastExt redirects can make you visit unreliable websites where you may fall for downloading another potentially unwanted program. To avoid this from happening, you should be very attentive during the installation of new programs, especially the ones that can be downloaded from the Internet for free.
How can vFastExt Search hijack my computer?
vFastExt hijacker puts up a front of a search engine for the sake of displaying you the advertising content of 3rd party – its affiliates. You can do it manually consulting our guide below or with a reputable anti-spyware program. As a consequence, your browser is incapable of defending against such guiles nor can you help it. Clicking on such questionable ads could directly install this hijacker in your browsers but you may also drop a whole malicious bundle onto your system. Changing your homepage and search engine to other pages can be quite challenging, once vFastExt virus takes over your browser. To reject these additions, you need to switch installation settings to Custom or Advanced option and unmark the agreements to install them. We recommend you to avoid using this search engine if you do not want to experience vFastExt redirects.
You will know for sure that the browser hijacker entered your computer because this program will modify your homepage and search settings. virus, go to Usually it takes over Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. There are plenty of reasons to remove vFastExt virus as soon as you detect it on your browser. This NPII (non-personally identifiable information) is gathered with the main aim which is to share it with the third parties, which is then used to create more attractive and user-oriented ads. Need more assistance? Then simply refuse to install any “recommended downloads” suggested for you.
My Search Toolbar removal:
Hence, you have to take all the potential threats into account and vFastExt from your system right now. Go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list and uninstall anything related to it from there. Thus, within few minutes vFastExt hijack occurred. A manual removal can take place if you strictly follow our instructions. Needless to say, the best way to do it is to vFastExt right away. People usually install bundled software because they commonly tend to install software by continuously clicking ‘Next’ button and using Default or Standard installation mode.Download Removal Toolto remove vFastExt
Manual vFastExt Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall vFastExt and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove vFastExt from your browsers
Remove vFastExt from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete vFastExt from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall vFastExt from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action