Can I trust Search.UltraWebFormat.com?
UltraWebFormat (also known as UltraWebFormat Virus) is a search tool better known as a browser hijacker for malware analysts. Since it is capable of implementing various operations that we will soon introduce, you have to avoid downloading free software if possible. Then it interferes into every single browsing session with never-ending redirections. Additionally, it can employ files to prevent you from reverting to the previous default search engine. It looks like this search engine/hijacker is no longer active; In addition, you may notice tons of annoying pop-up ads, slow downs and other problems. Besides, it can also collect data about the user and consume such data as people’s mostly visited websites, data that they enter when visiting them and even PC’s IP address.
It is strongly recommended to remove UltraWebFormat and choose a reputable search provider. Automatic removal can be performed using an anti-malware program, like Anti-Malware Tool or StopZilla. If you haven’t installed the toolbar itself, it might be a malware infection, though not likely. Having this in mind, you should start checking every free program before installing it on your computer. If you do not want to acquire any additional programs make sure you un-check the boxes placed next to them within the installation setup. It should be quite obvious that such modification will alter your overall online experience for the worst. Essentially, this means that surfing the web the way you are used to will be impossible.
What is the function of UltraWebFormat hijacker?
The display of 3rd party advertisements on non-promoted websites adds to the previously mentioned idea that this browser plug-in cannot be trusted. Although at first sight it looks like a regular search provider, the truth is it cannot provide reliable search results. The application is made to earn money from clicks on affiliate links and it also seeks to increase traffic for these websites. Somehow this application is permitted to store your search activities and share it with third-party sources that generates advertisements. This way, PC user’s believe that they will install a useful and trustworthy program, but they are artfully deceived. This search engine was not chosen by accident. Your online habits, IP addresses, referral data, type of browser, email addresses or other personal information might be up for grabs.
The worst part about this page is that once it is set as your homepage, it is not that easy to replace it with other websites. Most probably you don’t remember installing it because you didn’t do that consciously. If may also show ads with links to sponsored websites to get even more clicks. You must remove UltraWebFormat before it creates bigger problems for you. Users should be careful with software from file-sharing and similar websites too because browser hijackers and other similar threats often come bundled with freeware.Download Removal Toolto remove UltraWebFormat
What can I do to expel this hijacker from my web browser?
All things considered, there are no reasons to keep UltraWebFormat on the computer. After that, you can remove a browser hijacker either manually or automatically. It is better to get rid of it, as soon as you notice it on any of your browsers. If such options options come pre-selected, make sure you remove the ticks, otherwise, the changes may be made automatically. Usually you will just need to deselect one option before proceeding with the installation. The more it is, as users tend to hop through the installation steps recklessly. We have prepared a detailed guide for you below this article.
Manual UltraWebFormat Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall UltraWebFormat and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove UltraWebFormat from your browsers
Remove UltraWebFormat from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete UltraWebFormat from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall UltraWebFormat from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action