Redirects to The-search-tab.com. Are they normal?
The-search-tab.com by Babylon Ltd pretends to be a legitimate search site. If you want to avoid this application, you should stay away from free downloads or at least pay more attention to the installation process of such programs. Instead, you will be redirected there by tsirangi.ru, nurili.ru, mwiremo.ru, rgenika.ru, dimirsa.ru, or tsonepo.ru. affect PC users from different world’s countries. You may not even recognize this infiltration and additional configurations that will be definitely made by this scam. We strongly recommend deleting The-search-tab.com as soon as possible because this hijacker is completely unpredictable, which makes it a potential threat.
At the time of research, The-search-tab.com was detected in over 26,000 computers just in Brazil, Italy, and Spain alone. You can also try doing it manually. Such replacement is done in order you be presented with altered search results. That is the basic feature of programs called browser hijackers, thus, it is also the main trait of The-search-tab.com. The intrusive program modifies your default homepage, and you are in no way notified about that, which is annoying and frustrating. Luckily, you have the option to remove these cookies.
Why you should not rely on The-search-tab.com app?
In addition, The-search-tab.com virus collects information about your search queries, websites that Remember that free programs, like video players, PDF creators, etc. follow these steps: It mainly displays sponsored websites and ads with links to commercial pages. If you do not feel like sharing such information with an unknown party, stop browsing the Internet until you delete this suspicious program from your computer. A key to keeping your computer safe is security-conscious behavior online. The bottom line is that to avoid the likes of The-search-tab.com, you have to be careful about what you download and what websites you visit.
Speaking about its distribution method, we have already mentioned that the primary medium, which is used to spread The-search-tab.com plug-in is freewares and sharewares. Do not voluntary go on this shady trip to untrustworthy advertisements that can easily infect your computer with malware. is to make money by advertising other projects. We have provided a guide below this article that explains step-by-step how to do it. Besides, you can also find manual removal guide below this text. If the software that you wish to install advertises optional applications, you should see a list of them after selecting one of these installation options. Thus, when the majority initiates the installation, selects “Recommended” settings and hits the “Install” button, the add-ons, automatically pre-marked, get installed as well.
How can I quickly remove The-search-tab.com?
Manual The-search-tab.com Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall The-search-tab.com and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove The-search-tab.com from your browsers
Remove The-search-tab.com from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete The-search-tab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall The-search-tab.com from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action