Description of Smart Search System browser hijacker
Smart Search System has been developed on the template used by Search.youremailnow.com, Search.searchlttrn.com, and Search.yourinterestscenter.com, so, as a consequence, all these search tools look very similar to each other. Specialists know it better as a browser hijacker because it usually shows up on users’ browsers without permission. However, no matter whether this dubious app has entered your computer with or without your knowledge, we do not recommend keeping it on your computer as it can cause serious computer security issues. When different programs are bundled together, one of them is always more desirable than others, and that is the program that is used to lure users in. Because of such behavior, it fell under the category of browser hijackers.
Smart Search System is controlled by a browser hijacker that comes inside through security holes detected. While malware programs tend to enter target systems without user’s permission, there are also a lot of applications that get installed on target computers by users themselves. But adware programs are often distributed in software packages, and we know that users tend to download those without even realizing the actual threat behind such practice. Yes, you can easily decide that you want to make this search engine your start page or default search engine but we really don’t recommend that. To prevent the loss of such information, we highly recommend running a full system scan with
How to remove Smart Search System redirection?
This search engine generates its own results; For example, if you use Internet Explorer, the hijacker should target data on the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main directory. Since Smart Search System is supported by other third-parties, it is likely that you will get redirected to their domains. Always follow installation steps of your free downloads and do not agree to change your homepage of modify other settings, if you are not sure about the consequences. This phenomenon is not a chocking discovery. Make sure you always opt for the advanced installation settings when installing newly downloaded programs, and you will decrease the risk of getting your computer hijacked by different malware, Trojans, and other viruses.
As you can see, the manual Smart Search System removal is possible. Go to Some users advice to restore the system to the point where you did not have Smart Search System redirect infection. However, you are strongly advised to remove it from your PC’s system. Using such a tool for removal purposes is a great idea as it guarantees that every single bit of this hijacker or any other suspicious program will be deleted and it will be done in an automatic way. If your computer is infected with some other viruses it should detect and remove them as well.
What if this search engine has already showed up on my browser?
As we have already told you, it will not be very easy to delete Smart Search System because it has applied many modifications on the computer and even created its own folder in %Appdata%. This application can safeguard the system against multiple infections so that you can safely browse the Internet. As there is a variety of tools nowadays, it is difficult to pick out one. If such options options come pre-selected, make sure you remove the ticks, otherwise, the changes may be made automatically. Also, the results may be unreliable as they may be tampered with by Smart Search System’s developers. For this reason, it is highly recommended to choose a Custom installation when downloading any programs. Update the software regularly and you can be sure that your computer stays safe in the future as well.
Manual Smart Search System Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Smart Search System and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Smart Search System from your browsers
Remove Smart Search System from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Smart Search System from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Smart Search System from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action