Is SearchInitialOptimizer legitimate?
SearchInitialOptimizer is a browser hijacker that attacks Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and even Safari browsers. It is used to promote various unknown websites that, according to users’ experience, can be malicious. To reach it’s goal, SearchInitialOptimizer will redirect the browser to unigray.com and will also appear in Unigray’s system scan reports, thus creating the illusion that Unigray is the only anti-viral application capable of destroying the user’s problem. And that is a serious act against your privacy since all the settings, including your home page and default search provider, have been changed without your knowledge and consent. To remove this hijacker automatically, run a full system scan with a reputable anti-malware program, like Anti-Malware Tool or StopZilla.
While it is very important to understand how SearchInitialOptimizer works, it is just as important to understand how this browser hijacker proliferates. utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog. It brings many inconveniences for the users and for this reason more and more of them have started complaining about this application. If you wish to remove it manually, follow the guide provided below this article. your search queries, most visited websites, even your sensitive information that you enter online, like your usernames and passwords. In reality, these redirects can expose you to suspicious websites, which may be filled with various links, ads, fake update alerts, etc.
How can I avoid this hijacker?
If you want to remove SearchInitialOptimizer, start fixing your computer with a full system scan. In order to remove it, you should follow these steps: “We apologize for the inconvenience, but we weren’t able to find results for this query.” Of course, this might be the result of locality or other issues, but still. Moreover, avoid proposals to install software or updates charge-free. Always check the End User License Agreement before downloading and installing a certain application from the web.
If your computer was blocked and you have received this warning, remove SearchInitialOptimizeré virus as soon as possible. This add-on can be found in its official page. You will not be able to stop this, unless you have a good real-time antivirus, such as Anti-Malware Tool, installed on your computer’s system. Usually, the most important part is the statements about user’s private data because only from them you can understand if the site’s creators will not do anything with such information that you would not like, e.g. also, you may click on displayed ads and for that this hijacker gets money, too. Third of all, untick all check boxes that contain additional components and claim that you agree to set SearchInitialOptimizer hijacker as a default start page and search provider.
What options do I have for removal of this browser hijacker? Which of them are approved?
Additionally, remove You can do this manually by following our tips below, but this does not always work as the parasite might have gotten a chance to spread its wings and infect more than it is expected. However, we advise you to use automated tools. In that case, our specialists recommend using trustworthy antimalware software. It will find all hidden files of this program and will clean all computer parasites, so you will not have to worry about computer safety in the future. Therefore, if you have been using this search engine for some time, we highly recommend you to remove it right away.
Manual SearchInitialOptimizer Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall SearchInitialOptimizer and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove SearchInitialOptimizer from your browsers
Remove SearchInitialOptimizer from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete SearchInitialOptimizer from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall SearchInitialOptimizer from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action