The consequences of Original Unit Value virus infiltration:
We cannot trust search engines that change the settings without permission. Hence, both of them come from the same creator that aims to hijack your browser’s homepage address in order to subject you to shady promotional links that can redirect you to shady and outright malicious websites, which can get your computer infected with dangerous malware. The purpose of the program is to redirect you to promoted websites and increase their traffic. As soon as it gets there, this browser hijacker modifies Windows HOST file and hijacks all possible browsers, like Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari or Opera. We have found that Original Unit Value is set to change your browser’s homepage in order to redirect web traffic to itself in an effort to generate advertising revenue as the whole purpose of this hijacker is making money. Just slide below the article and eliminate the threat while following the instructions. Second, it collects both personally and non-personally identifiable information.
Instead of your default homepage and search engine you will notice Original Unit Value and you will be redirected to this URL every time you launch your web browser (e.g. You can also use a guide provided belwo and try removing it manually. Commonly, these search outcomes are injected with hyperlinks that can cause Original Unit Value redirects to rogue sites. In most of the cases, SearchShock virus may hide as an additional attachment when you are installing freewares. If you miss the list of additional components, potentially unwanted programs may infiltrate you PC behind your back.
How does this virus hijack computers?
While the toolbar itself is not a virus and will not cause any direct harm to your computer, having it increases a risk of virus and Trojan attacks. At first glance you will not be able to tell that this website is somehow related to cyber criminals. As the law may have no business in helping you after you become a victim of your own curiosity, your responsiveness should grow. Besides, make sure that you uncheck pre-checked check marks that claim that you want to change your start page or the default search engine. You see, this program seeks to gain profit by rerouting its users to predetermined web sources and generate web traffic for the affiliate websites.
You can easily spot this browser hijacker and all its siblings because they have the same fake toolbar at the top of the search page. clickable banners, in-text ads, pop-ups, new tabs or other similar content, regarded as another way to get users’ devices contaminated with malicious codes. But, if you use this search engine, you need to be prepared to end up on malicious websites. You might have installed this virus without clearly realizing it. Yum! ThenDownload Removal Toolto remove Original Unit Value
How to get rid of this PC intruder?
In case any of your browsers have already been hijacked, remove Original Unit Value virus without any doubts or hesitations. For a full walk through visit our Google redirect removal guide. All you have to do is restore your browser settings to default, and the Original Unit Value domain should disappear from your browser for good. Just head below. So when this program knows your likes and preferences, it can modify the search results in a way that they will look attractive to you, and you will feel more inclined to click them. It will detect and remove the hijacker and all possible malware left in your system.
Manual Original Unit Value Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Original Unit Value and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Original Unit Value from your browsers
Remove Original Unit Value from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Original Unit Value from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Original Unit Value from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action