Lasaoren Search is a Search engine that can be mistaken for a browser hijacker. It changes the default browser settings, and sometimes users are not aware of that. Hence, Lasaoren Search may look like a computer infection, especially if you don’t know where it came from. However, it is clear that this Search engine is very far from being a dangerous computer threats. It is true that you need to remove Lasaoren Search from your system in order to ensure PC safety, but it rarely enters the destination system silently â € “ users often install it themselves without even realizing it.
Usually we will download the freeware applications from their official Web sites. There are a lot of programs that are promoted this way, and Lasaoren Search has a page too. But it is not possible to download the application at lasaorenweb. com. This site only provides general information on Lasaoren Search, saying that it is an interactive Search provider that also provides you with shortcuts to the most popular sites, including Facebook, Amazon, eBay, Tumblr, Hotmail and many others.Download Removal Toolto remove Search
Perhaps it is not a bad idea to have shortcuts to your favourite websites, but the question is whether you need Lasaoren Search for that. After all, you can add shortcuts to your default browser, and the use of a third-party Search engine for that would be rather redundant.
To tell you the truth, users rarely download Lasaoren Search voluntarily. This Search engine is usually distributed through such third-party Web sites as brothersoft. com or filewin. com. There are also quite a few potentially unwanted programs that spread this Search engine around, for example, SunriseBrowse, PC SpeedBoost, Optimizer Pro and many others. Basically, when you download a free app on your computer, you have to read all the installation steps carefully â € “ you may be informed about Lasaoren Search in one of them.
If Lasaoren Search gets installed on your computer, it will add extensions to Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer browser. It will also change your default home page and Search engine to lasaoren. com. However, this Search engine does not provide you with original Search service â € “ Lasaoren Search simply redirects you to us. yhs4. Search. yahoo. com. The engines main page and Search results are often full of commercial offers and other types of ads.
It makes Lasaoren Search an annoying and intrusive application that attempts to promote third-party content. Quite often this content might be related to malware distribution and other suspicious activity. Therefore, you need to prevent any potential invasion by removing Lasaoren Search immediately.
After manual removal, scan your system with a licensed anti-spyware tool because you might need to take care of other unwanted applications. Do all you can to protect your PC against various threats.
Manual Search Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall Search and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove Search from your browsers
Remove Search from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete Search from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall Search from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action