What is SmartIndexerProject?
The program is usually installed to computers when you are downloading software, in most cases freeware, from the Internet. is a twin brother of Wzscnet.com, both being developed by MGID company of rogueware. According to security experts, it belongs to the ‘browser hijacker’ category and also fall into the list of ‘potentially unwanted program.’ For this illegal skill we have dubbed it a browser hijacker. We would like to warn you that the aforementioned The following two paragraphs are going to tell you more about this threat itself and why it is so important to delete it, whereas the last paragraph of this article is going to focus on the deletion of this browser hijacker. If you have been using IndexerProject for your searches, you should stop doing that because this search site may show you altered search results that may be filled with various links.
If you want to prevent infiltration of browser hijackers, the main thing that you have to remember is that you must monitor installation of every freeware because that’s where the most of adwares, browser hijackers and similar PUPs are hidden. It changes the homepage on these browsers to zgame.ourtoolbar.com or zgametoolbar.ourtoolbar.com. this search engine This, of course, will disrupt web browsing activities. For example, it is very likely that you did not know IndexerProject was in the software package you have recently installed on your computer. Undoubtedly, it receives money for this activity. IndexerProject as your start page or default search engine.
What are the most common ways browser hijackers infect computers?
Distribution of IndexerProject is rather straightforward since it is mostly obtained from various bundled installers. So, what is the point of keeping it on your browser? Moreover, it displays various ads among your search results, which also contain links redirecting to commercial websites. Nowadays many programs travel in a bundle with other applications, so you have to be cautious all the time. Email address is usually the transferred detail. Also go for Custom installation and follow the steps to make sure you don’t allow making any modifications, like changing your homepage to unknown websites, adding unfamiliar toolbars and so on.
There is nothing more annoying than constantly being redirected to a site that is completely useless or even dangerous. The Send Free SMS messages section contains links to websites that supposedly allow users to send free SMS messages free of charge via their browsers. “Optional programs” are indicated as additional and helpful applications. it is very likely they are all created by the same software developer because they are hosted on the same web server 220.127.116.11. Such sites could spread similar browser hijackers or other unreliable software, e.g.
How can I get infected with this IndexerProject Toolbar without even realizing that?Download Removal Toolto remove IndexerProject
Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool and Hitman are dependable choices for an automatic removal of IndexerProject. These instructions will fail if IndexerProject malware is installed, or exist as toolbar/add-on in any browser as the settings will revert. They are notorious and satisfactory anti-malware tools, providing the crucial support for the PCs in their darkest moments. Some versions of this hijacker install software that blocks browser settings from changing. If you find that content attractive and you click a link that was delivered by IndexerProject, you would automatically help the people behind this intruder make easy money. Otherwise, you must reject all bundles. this is a deceptive program that spreads together with different components that are used to revive it after elimination.
Manual IndexerProject Removal Guide
Step 1. Uninstall IndexerProject and related programs
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the suspicious software
- Select Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom left corner
- Right-click and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete unwanted application
Step 2. Remove IndexerProject from your browsers
Remove IndexerProject from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon
- Select Manage add-ons
- Remove unwanted extensions
- Change your home page: Gear icon → Internet Options (General tab)
- Reset your browser: Gear icon → Internet Options (Advanced tab)
- Click Reset, check the box and click Reset again
Delete IndexerProject from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Choose Add-ons and go to Extensions
- Select unwanted add-on and click Remove
- Reset Mozilla: Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm it and click Finish
Uninstall IndexerProject from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the menu
- Select Tools → Extensions
- Choose the add-on and click Trash can icon
- Change your search engine: Menu → Settings
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Delete undesirable search provider
- Reset your browser: Settings → Reset browser settings
- Click Reset to confirm your action